Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, Black 16GB (Verizon Wireless)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 29, 2013
We wanted to upgrade my husband's phone to a smart phone so he would have features that would make his driving to work easier. The purchase offer through Verizon made our decision easier. The phone was easy to download programs to.....even my poor husband (who by no means is a techy).....could handle the process. This is a smaller version of the standard S4 and fits nicely in the pocket.

I would recommend this phone for those that want all their information at the touch of a finger.
on March 7, 2014
Having had a Samsung Droid Charge for the last couple of years, which gave excellent service, but was starting to show its age, I was anxious to try the S4. Out of the box, the phone is small and sleek, which I really like. With the Otter Box case, it is the same size as my old phone without a case.

The new menu layout is much easier to navigate than the previous generation. The phone responds quickly, and connects fast. The screen colors and definition are vibrant and clear. Battery life is a definite improvement over previous models, and I don't feel like I have to keep charging it to get through a typical day.

All in all, very happy with this phone, and highly recommend it.
on February 17, 2014
This is my first Android smartphone. Warning: this is only my second day owning so I can't say much about durability, etc.

I've been interested in the Android phones for a bit (usually as a casual observer). The ever-increasing size of almost all non-Apple smartphones has been a bit of a turn-off, though. I was disappointed enough when I had to give up my slim little "dumb phone" for the larger iPhones, and I've been consistently surprised when a friend pulls out his/her new "phablet" to show it off -- I keep thinking of a skit about huge smartphones a few years ago. The S4 Mini is extremely nice with respect to this -- it's fast and responsive but still a manages a reasonable size. I shoved it inside an Otterbox 'commuter' and it still fits in my pocket well.

My version has 16G built-in storage (expandable via micro-sd), 1.5G of ram, and a nice 8mega-pixel camera on the back (1.9 on the front). Battery life is fine so far -- a charge lasts all day, perhaps 40% left by the end. I do tend to "data ration" -- I've survived on a 250MB/mo plan for years and years, so I largely keep my high-data activities restricted to internet connections when I'm at home or in a coffee shop (I don't stream music/video on the bus).

Screen resolution is entirely reasonable for the size. If I'm on wifi at home I'll surf the web a bit, use youtube, etc, and this phone has been great for that. I like that the battery is removable, I like that apps tell me what they need to access when I install them, I like that I can very closely monitor my data usage (all unlike my old iphone).

Haven't dropped it yet, so can't say much about durability. As noted above, I stuck it in an Otterbox commuter, and just ordered the Techpro ballistic glass screen protector. I like my phones to survive a lot. Aside from small accidents, I want my phone to survive if I'm in a car accident or wipe out skiiing or something similar -- worst possible time for a phone to break. (Whether I have reception is another question...)

Two days in, I love this phone -- the size is great, the speed is great. Hopefully it gives me a some good years of service.
on December 21, 2014
The only bad thing I have to say about this phone is also the primary reason that I am giving it two-stars.

I had an HTC Incredible for four years (yes, really 4 years, an eon in electronics time) that never gave me a single problem, even at the end. I chose the Galaxy S4 mini because it had good reviews and I like the mini size rather than the full size. In the beginning, it was great. The screen is clear and bright. The touch response is nice, not hard to operate (like a certain iPhone I’ve played with). The operating system is relatively fast, and the preloaded apps were decent.

But...this phone crashes A LOT. It locks up to the point where the only thing that responds is the button that turns the screen on and off. I have had to remove the battery, wait a few seconds, put it back in and turn the phone back on many many times now.

I suspected a conflict with a downloaded app, even though I had only added a few common apps like Amazon Music and Kindle, an app manager, Facebook, etc. I had a Samsung expert at our local Best Buy look at it, and he re-installed the Android operating system for me. No luck. It still crashes. Since it is my work phone, it usually crashes at work when I have to explain to clients why I need a few moments to reboot my phone before I can take a photo or show them product information. Very professional...

I will be exploring ways to return this phone and get a different one, as its current performance is unacceptable.
on February 25, 2014
My husband's S4 is just too big for my hand so the mini was the perfect choice for me! Still bigger than the iPhone screens and nice and thin too. I loved Amazon's price (0.01) compared to $50 online at Verizon and about $200 in store from Verizon- yea right!
on April 17, 2014
I got this for 1 cent. Like the smaller size because it fits easily in a pocket, slightly smaller than an S5. This is my first smart phone and I am impressed with all the features. Downloaded a user manual from Samsung web site, because minimal documentation came with the phone. Shot a video and impressed with the quality.
on September 26, 2014
-Reasonable mid-level specs with support for the most current Android versions (kitkat as of this review).
-Familiar Samsung interface (you either like it or you don't). I personally like Samsung's overlay for the Android experience, it simplifies some of the more basic tasks and they improve existing features. I understand some feel it is a resource hog compared to vanilla, but to each his/her own.
-Just the right size, not too small, but not gigantic either. I cant stand this current trend of smartphones the size of basketball courts (joke). If you need two hands to use your "phone", it just became a tablet in my eyes.
-Battery life is about industry standard, light use may get you 24 hours, but moderate to heavy will require a recharge sometime during the day.
-Build quality, light in the hands but rugged enough to take a drop or two. Basically somewhere in the middle, not your cheapest plastic nor your premium metal. I recommend some sort of case, even a cheap silicone slip on is better than nothing, because the "drop or two" is exactly that. Much more and you'd probably be pushing your luck.
-Overall Impression: I like it and don't regret the purchase. Decent phone, at a decent price, at a decent size.
on January 3, 2014
This is a great phone small not as many features as the s4 but still a great phone I like it a lot
on December 1, 2014
I bought this for my daughter who really didn't want to upgrade her phone. She had an old droid and it finally died. I thought she would like this because of it's smaller size and good quality. I was right. She loves it. It is not as powerful as my Galaxy S4, but it is just fine for someone who wants a functional phone, but doesn't have to have all the latest bells and whistles. She went from "I don't need this" to "I don't want to part with it". We purchased it gently used from amazon and it was in great shape. You can barely tell it was used at all. I appreciate not having to get a new contract in order to purchase this phone.
on November 28, 2014
I have owned a Samsung Galaxy tablet for years. This cell phone operates similar to the tablet. Which makes this cell phone easy to operate. I like the fact that it is easy to close applications and clear ram since it is easy to find the task manager. The manual which I downloaded is full of easy to understand instructions.