Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Optoma W316 Full 3D WXGA 3400 Lumen DLP Projector with Superior Lamp Life and HDMI
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 8, 2015
I was skeptical at first but once I received it, all went away. Like a kid in a toy store I opened it and used it. I was shocked to see how bright the picture came out. Felt like I was at the theater, worth the money highly recommend it.
review image review image review image
0Comment|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 13, 2015
In trying to find a good projector for ~$400 for our work area, we did a lot of research. In the end, we couldn't decide between this and the ViewSonic PJD5533W ($430 at writing - http://amzn.to/1PphQCZ, so we purchased both.

While both were pleasantly usable for the price (even though we'd been spoiled by a much more expensive home theater projector), we found the other projector to be worth the price - while this projector is only capable of 800x600, the other one is capable of 1200x800 - almost exactly twice as many pixels.

Of course, it's also about a hundred dollars more, so what it really boils down to is your use case. For movies where you're sitting farther back from the projector, resolution makes less of a difference. We found movies to be quite watchable, even at the lower resolution.

If your use case is business-focused, where you might be sitting closer to the screen in a meeting room, projecting text and diagrams, the higher resolution projector is a good investment.

I hope you found this helpful, and feel free to ask questions in the comments!

--Appendix--

You might also want to consider getting a projector screen to maximize the image quality and brightness - I've had a wonderful experience with this FAVI 100 inch screen - plus, it's automated with a remote for maximum WOW factor! http://amzn.to/22XktWP
33 comments|203 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2014
I haven't had my new projector very long but so far it is great. I bought it to replace my previous projector which had the bulb expire. I had it for around 10 years and it was a 3000 hr bulb. This one is a 10,000 hr so would imagine it would last 3 times as long. We shall see. The picture is much clearer and brighter I had a 800x600 resolution so this is a step us for me. The great thing too is that I paid almost half as much. It has all the connections anyone would need to watch all kinds of video. I hooked up my DVD player, my laptop and blue ray and they all look amazing. Also when I connected my blue ray player I pluged my Bose system into the RCA audio out on the side of the projector and was amazed it was in stereo. My last projector only had a mono audio connection.

A couple of things to inform others about is that the video connections are on the side of the unit, probably for ease of use in the business or class room situation. My other unit had the connections on the back, my preference because of the installation I have. but really not a big issue. Another thing I noticed is it seems that the zoom doesn't zoom very much so that means to have to locate the projector at a distance from the screen to get the size you want. This is true with all projectors but it seems that my previous one had a better zoom. These are really my personal preferences and does not take away from the great performance of this projector.

I would recommend this projector for anyone who is looking for an inexpensive and good quality projector. I am sure that if money is not an issue you can find better quality projectors but I am completely happy with mine.
on January 29, 2015
I am a teacher and wanted a projector to use with my laptop for diagrams, illustrations, and possibly videos in the classroom. I had to do a little research regarding xga, vga, etc., and reviewed several potential projectors in my $300-400 price range. This one got high reviews on other websites. I am so very pleased with this product! I had to order an HDMI cable to go with it (only $7) and set up was extremely easy! The item arrived in two days, via Amazon Prime, set up was intuitive, and I had a perfect image on my wall in five minutes. I tested a video and the picture was clear and bright, even in a daytime lit living room. I couldn't be happier with this projector for classroom use. It's better than I anticipated. I think I might even use it for the kids to watch videos outside at night in the summer. It's that good!
review image
on August 13, 2015
Me and by boyfriend needed a projector for our living room and I'm so impressed by this! We have a lot of light in our apartment and I was worried that the picture wouldn't be good enough. This looks amazing!

***The pictures attached ~ one with all the lights on and one with no lights on (except the natural light from the window)***
review image review image
on December 7, 2014
By far the best projector I have ever used. I work in a pawn shop and I deal with lots of electronics. One of these came through and I bought it as a Christmas gift for someone else. I tried it out first, fell in love with it, and kept it for myself. Easy to use and very clear. You will not be disappointed.
on January 11, 2015
The value for the price is as expected. I would appreciate if the zoom feature worked better and I could get a larger image size at closer range, but the bulb is bright and the HDMI input works well, so I can't complain. I'm satisfied with my purchase. It comes with a carrying case, which was an unexpected plus.
on June 26, 2014
Works great @ month 3. Bright enough to watch during the day and crisp enough to watch at night.
on March 2, 2015
This review is for the Optoma W316 WXGA.

Outstanding projector for the price. I'm loving the HDMI compatibility... Makes hooking it up to the sound receiver a breeze.

Pros

-Price
-Above average brightness and picture quality for the money
-above average native resolution
-HDMI compatible
-Easy to use
-Built-in grid display feature for easy pitch, roll, and yaw adjustment after mounting
-Relatively quiet fan
-Optional Eco Lamp options

Cons

-2W built in speaker is WIMPY, but that's hardly a con because many projectors don't even have a built in speaker. Just get a sound system... You won't regret it.
-No vertical or horizontal lens shift adjustment
-Offset is not adjustable
-Not much zoom capability
on August 17, 2014
It is extremely bright and clear and easy to use.