Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on October 20, 2014
Quality - solid product. Easy to install, if you have a decent level of mechanical skill. Installed myself, single person, if you have ladder(s) high enough to hold the unit during one phase of the installation.

The unit operates quietly and smoothly.

The Chamberlain customer service was OUTSTANDING, once you get past the initial call to their call center, which had TOO much background noise and I couldn't communicate with that agent due to the noise and language difficulty ( sorry, but it is what it is).

I called about a minor, singular part missing from the inventory (it happens, not a big deal, and I make it a point to check the parts inventory well ahead of any construction I do on any product) , and the company rep was (American) and very knowledgeable and helpful. She sent out the part I needed, got it within a few days, as promised, and completed the installation.

Had to make another call after installation. My Home Link on my car mirror did not work with this unit ( Duhhhh ... it says right on the box that there might be some problems with some vehicles and there was a note to that affect in the box, but do I read .... No!)

Again, the second rep was just as (American) friendly and knowledgeable about the product as the first. Explained to my dumb mind that my vehicle needed a repeater, because of it's age, for the Home Link to work from my mirror, sent it out, received in a few days, and viola', that worked.

My last call was because the chain was hanging down lower than that of two of my relatives openers.

That rep was, (ready for this - American), friendly and knowledgeable about the product as the other two. Ask a few questions, offered me a few solutions, and offered to stay on the phone while I made some adjustments. I could not work on it at that points, so we parted from that phone call, but when I later made the adjustments he suggested, viola', that issue was fixed.

I cannot say enough about Chamberlain's customer service, again, after getting past their call center which may be contracted out.

This company follows up the calls I made via email and all three of the reps I dealt with were knowledgeable, helpful, and patient.

I guess I'm rambling on about this, because, if you are like me, I have experienced SO MANY companies that you cannot get a hold of once you buy their product and they give me the opinion that don't give a damn about me, the customer, they just want my money.

Bravo' Chamberlain!
on October 17, 2014
A quiet unit. I added the MyQ feature and it is great. I usually ask my self if the garage door closed, after I leave. Now I get a message on my iPhone that the door is closed. My son calls, I am gone, needs to get in the house. Just open the door from my.iPhone. A video , on You Tube, showing the whole installation process would have helped, a lot. Like most home improvement installations, a struggle the first time, easy the second time... Which seldom happens. I had trouble with the up/down alignment, which Is one of the last steps. They have a generic video which I just couldn't get my head around. The mounting hardware should be upgraded to 1 1/4-1 1/2 angle iron. Mounting hardware is sufficient but flimsy. Consumer Reports Chamberlain to be the best and I would agree.
on October 29, 2014
good equipment, thorough instructions, well made. very quiet and strong. product exactly as described Except:Not LED lights, just regular light sockets. manufacturer actually recommends NOT using LED's. instead regular bulbs.

Also be aware you need a $40 gateway to access the MyQ functionality with your smartphone.
on December 5, 2015
Had the opener installed and it didn't work properly from the get go. Called the company to troubleshoot and was told it was a problem with the sensors. To the company's credit, a set of new sensors was sent out quickly. In the interim, the opener stopped working completely. Installed the new sensors without much difficulty. The garage door opener still didn't work at all. Called customer support and was told:

1. The problem could be the logic board.
2. The problem could be the motor.
3. Chamberlain WOULD NOT REPLACE THE OPENER BECAUSE IT HAD BEEN PURCHASED THROUGH AMAZON.
4. Chamberlain would send out a new logic board and motor which (if we hired a guy to replace them) would "only" take 1-1.5 hours to replace.

Keep in mind this garage door opener is less than two weeks old and was purchased new.

The Chamberlain tech support person blamed Amazon and claimed that Chamberlain was receiving a large number of calls about openers purchased through Amazon. Reviews on Home Deport contain similar stories of relatively new openers breaking and Chamberlain's response that customers should repair the brand new products as opposed to offering replacements.
on December 4, 2014
I liked this opener so much I ended up buying 3 of them. They were fairly easy to install for me, but then I'm mechanically inclined. The instructions are well written. The parts that matter are durable. I like the light button on the wall switch. It's handy to turn on for extra light to work by. It also saves energy as I usually turn it off on the way in the house instead of letting it time out. The remote control learn button on the wall switch is a nice convenience also. Less trips up and down the ladder. I like the chain drive because it has been proven durable over the years. It is a good unit and a good value. I highly recommend this.
on October 8, 2015
Easy install using existing track and chain from a late-90's model Craftsman opener. The hardest part was figuring out what to do once we had everything installed, as at first the opener did not appear to be working. When I would press the open button on the control, all we were getting was a humming noise. I had to skip ahead to step 13 (? I think) in the manual to where it talks about programming the stops using the up and down buttons located on the back of the unit, and once I got my husband to push the programming buttons in the correct order, it was a piece of cake. I was also able to quickly program my GMC built-in controls using one of the included remote controls. Overall I think we spent a couple of hours taking down the old one, installing this one, and figuring out the programming part. I am confident that it still wouldn't have taken too much time even if we would have used the new track and chain. Our time + cost is a bargain considering what we thought we were going to have to pay a repair company to come from our closest urban area--they quoted us around $700 for parts, labor and travel. Don't be afraid to DIY! This unit does seem to open a bit slower than our old one, but it's probably half as loud. I'm fine with the speed of the opening as it still takes probably less than 30 seconds. I knocked off one star for Chamberlain not including the MyQ unit as part of this product--we don't want or care about that, but it seems silly to me to have to buy an additional component for $50 to make it work with your smartphone, especially when it could probably be integrated into the receiver you place by the door so you'd have one less component to mess with.
on May 7, 2016
 I bought this unit to replace a 21 year old Wayne Dalton opener that finally gave up. One thing I could not find when doing research on the My Q is whether is would work with the rails from other units like the Wayne Dalton. I was very happy to find out when I went to install this unit that it does work with the old rails, chain and sensors so installation was a breeze. I merely had to drop the old unit from the ceiling, remove the head, bolt the My Q in its place and then secure the mount to the ceiling. The old chain is still in great shape so I used that as well. The install took me about an hour and this thing works great.

For a chain driven unit, it is fairly quiet. I have not had to buy a garage door opener for quite a while so I was also pleasantly surprised to see that in addition to the "Learn" button on the motor, there is one on the wall control as well so there's no need to get a ladder to reach the button on the motor when you want to program your remotes or keypad. Very nice little feature. I have not used the WiFi functions on this and probably won't but those are another bonus. I think the price on this product is great, especially considering it came with the keypad remote.

This thing has exceeded my expectations in every way. Since it worked with the old rails and sensors the installation was a breeze, and it works perfectly and I think it's much nicer looking than most of the units out there as well.
on May 1, 2015
I purchased two of these garage door openers 5 months ago.

One was DOA. The other broke after 5 months.

Chamberlain customer service is fantastically responsive and helpful. They sent out replacement parts rapidly. However it doesn't change the fact that I have to take the unit down and re-install it to replace the bad part. Between removing it, re-assembing it, tensioning the chain, and setting the limits, it's a couple hour job that you shouldn't have to do to something that is supposed to have a lifespan measured in decades.
on February 19, 2016
Not an improvement over my previous opener. When the gears in my old opener needed to be replaced I figured it would make more sense to replace it. It was a Craftsman and about 10 years old. I assumed that improvements in technology, workmanship, etc. would make the purchase worthwhile. Little did I know what I was up against. The opener works well enough. Its a little louder than my old model (which is VERY disappointing). It looks a little nicer (for whatever that is worth). However, my main complaints are around compatibility. Somehow in the name of technology and "improvement" Chamberlain changed the manner in which everything connects to and controls the opener, and left no path to backward compatibility. That means my old keypad doesn't work (good thing a new one is included), the old push buttons don't work (I had two connected to my old opener, this unit only comes with one), the HomeLink in my car didn't work (needed to order a bridge) and, most importantly, the wireless relay that I used to control my opener with SmartThings isn't compatible (because Chamberlain wants you to purchase their MyQ component).
on August 10, 2015
There is nothing more frustrating than having to stop in the middle of putting up your new garage door opener to go to the store to buy the bolts that were supposed to be in the package but weren't...