Sport-Brella Recliner Chair, Firebrick Red
Color Name: Firebrick RedChange
Price:$59.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

VINE VOICEon July 9, 2013
Color Name: Light BlueVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have a small stack of camp chairs in my garage -- got some as gifts, got some in raffles, etc. I use them frequently, at the beach, while camping, or at outdoor concerts / tailgating. They're handy for their utility and portability. However, I've NEVER seen or used one as elaborate and as 'baller' as this chair. This thing is serious.

Pros:
+ built-in footrest? Amazing.
+ built-in cooler pocket on the right armrest, with room for ~3 beers? Amazing.
+ built-in bottle opener in the front of the seat, with a zipper pouch for storage? Amazing.
+ built-in additional storage pouch and drink holder on the left armrest.
+ built-in adjustable, collapsible shade umbrella? What an awesome idea.
+ no assembly, easily collapsible and fits nicely in its own bag.
+ heavy-duty construction, with reinforcing bands of webbing, rugged plastic/metal frame components.

Cons:
- somewhat heavier and bulkier than simpler camp chairs
- the umbrella isn't broad enough to provide rain coverage. Also, while it's adjustable, it's quirky in its orientation, making it tough to properly get shade at midday.

Bottom line:

With this chair, you'll be the baller of the tailgate / beach party. Storage, shade, comfort, and drink storage make this the ultimate collapsible / camp chair. It's a bit ridiculous looking, but I think in a good way. Maybe a bit extravagant for many, but if you find yourself using these kinds of chairs often, this might be for you. I enjoyed this at the beach and expect to get a lot of enjoyment out of it.
Color Name: Light BlueVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm not 100% certain that the astronauts took beach chairs with them to the moon, but if they did, this is exactly the one they would have taken. I'm pretty sure this chair was designed by former NASA engineers. It's awesome.

First I have to get my one complaint off my chest: it's their use of the word "sport" in the product name. I can't help but think that this chair represents the exact opposite of sport. It's designed with complete leisure in mind. Again, it's awesome, but not especially sporty unless your event is competitive reading & drinking.

I didn't think I was going to like the sun umbrella. In the product photo the umbrella looks pretty lame. I changed my mind as soon as I sat in the chair and popped up the shade. I wouldn't put the shade up if I were at an event where I had people sitting behind me, but otherwise the shade is really useful. The articulating arm moves into many different positions. You can even take it off and move it to the other side of the chair.

The foot rest is also a great feature. I'm fairly tall (just over 6') and it props my legs up very nicely.

Other features:

* Cup holder: The cup holder is the right size for a 12oz can or bottle. I wish they had made the opening bigger though, because it won't fit a larger cup or sports bottle.

* Zippered cooler: No kidding. In the right arm of the chair is an insulated padded cooler large enough to fit a couple more drink cans. That's a great touch, because when I sit around a fire with a big group I usually bring more than one beer with me. What a great place to store the extra cans (and empties).

* Phone/wallet pouch: On the left arm near the cup holder is a zippered pocket for your phone and/or wallet. It even has a hole for your headphones to poke through.

* Another pouch: Just between your legs underneath the chair is another zippered pouch and a bottle opener. Very handy.

All these cool features add up to a slightly heavy folding chair. If you aren't very strong or if you have to walk a long distance, this might not be the perfect chair for you (unless you can make your Sherpa carry it for you). And if you really are flying to the moon, you'll need to account for the extra weight and leave something else behind--maybe bring an iPad/Kindle with you instead of bulky books.

EDIT (7/6/13): We went to the beach yesterday and I spent a lot of time in this chair. If I could upgrade my review from five stars to six I would. This chair was SO comfortable!!! I also discovered that even though the cup holder is too small for my large cup, it fit just fine in the "cooler" arm compartment, so that was just fine. With all the other stuff that we schlepped to the beach, the extra weight of this chair wasn't as big of a consideration as I'd feared. It was just fine.

EDIT (7/17/14): I'm sitting here scratching my itchy peeling sunburned forehead. We went to the beach this weekend and the wind was too strong to put up the umbrella. It was great at first before the wind kicked up, but I finally had to put it down. I didn't realize how spoiled I was with this personal umbrella shading my head, and of course I forgot to add sun screen, so I got pretty burned. This made me appreciate this chair that much more. Evidently I've used it a lot over the past year, because the carrying strap has torn off the bag and it's starting to show a little wear. I still love the chair though. Everyone laughs at me at first, but then they see me reclined with my feet up and realize that I have the best seat around.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 29, 2013
Color Name: Light BlueVerified Purchase
I ordered this chair for my father (Father's Day gift). I like it so much, I ordered myself one in orange and one for my husband in blue. Pls be informed the blue is $54 and the orange is $35. It supports up to 250lbs and is great for relaxing in the sun, at the beach,picnics or sporting events. It came with instructions but set up was easy! I only used the instructions so I could know how to properly retract and store my chair as well as how to remove the footrest, adjust the umbrella and recline the chairback. Good product that I'd recommend.
Color Name: Light BlueVerified Purchase
It is a little bit heavier than most canvas chairs but it is worth the extra weight. Love being able to put the back down and snooze in the sun on the beach. I can adjust the umberlla without getting out of my chair. I didn't think I would get in time for Memorial Day but it came early. Very happy with the chair and the vendor. Will buy from them again.
on June 19, 2013
Color Name: OrangeVerified Purchase
I purchased 2 of these for our cabin..I was quite impressed when I set them up. They even have a bottle opener attached on a string in the front pocket. My daughter is 7.5 months pregnant and is very comfortable in the reclining position. Great chair!!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Color Name: Light BlueVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had to try this Sport-Brella Recliner Chair as soon as it arrived. For some reason, it conjured up a mirage of relaxation out there in the sloping concrete driveway. I tried out all the various settings and rotated the umbrella around a few times as if I were on a mission from SETI.

I decided I needed some objective feedback from folks who had not gotten a free chair for writing a review. Truth be told, this is a comfortable chair, though.

I had five of my friends try out the chair at a small gathering to celebrate the solstice. Repeated were the words "comfy" (though I don't know why they could not just say comfortable and wonder is "comfy" is faint praise or slang), "cool," and "ahh." The various storage compartments drew postive praise, and a tall boy Yuengling lager we put in the pocket cooler without ice stayed somewhat cool for a couple of hours on a summer's eve. Naturally, the opener was a praise magnet, as was the adjustability of the umbrella.

But every person felt that the chair needed better neck support. I had reached the same conclusion earlier as well. A small camping pillow is essential, and odds are that if you are getting one of the chairs, you already have one. The fact that the foot rest could not be locked upright when not in use proved an issue for one person, and two commented on how large the chair was. To be fair we were in a bit of a confined place, and this chair is made for the beach, a campsight, or a designated relaxtion spot, so although I am reporting that some thought the chair too large, I do not.

In fact, I actually think the chair is a bit too small for my 6'2" frame. I can get relaxed in it, but if the footrest could extend another 3-4 inches, tall folks would be happier with chair.

Regardless, let's hope this chair proves durable and the various buckles and straps do not prove weak points. The snap on the footrest would not hold on the first chair I tried, but has been fine on its replacement. The manufacturer does also get high marks for communication and response to customer concerns.

I have heard, antecdotally mind you, that these chairs are standard issue to new arrivals in hobo heaven.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Sport-Brella Recliner Chair is a very nice chair for the beach an backyard, but it seems to be definitively designed for "smaller" people. I'm a very average 5'11", 180 lbs, and I felt if I was even slightly bigger, I wouldn't fit in it, or it wouldn't support my weight. The chair itself is pretty well designed and lightweight. It is made mostly of plastic and lightweight steel. It comes in a handy travel case, and no assembly is required. Setting it up is self explanatory. The chair is comfortable as long as you're no bigger than average sized. The umbrella can be moved into any position you need to block the sun. The cup holder and storage pockets serve their purpose. The "insulated pocket" holds about 4 drinks, but has minimal insulation. Don't expect it to keep things cold for long outside in the sun.

All in all, the Sport-Brella Recliner Chair is a good product and I like it. It doesn't seem very durable, and probably won't last forever. It's innovative and fairly inexpensive though. It's rated for up to 250 lbs, but in reality I can't imagine someone weighing much more than 200 lbs or over 6' tall being comfortable in it.
on June 25, 2013
Color Name: Light BlueVerified Purchase
This chair is the second one I purchased. It is built sturdier than most others. It has a higher weight rating than most and the tubing is a larger diameter. One drawback is the weight is more but that is because it is built to be strong. The umbrella is a great feature for those who burn from the sun easily.
on July 8, 2013
Color Name: Light BlueVerified Purchase
I really thought I found my favorite lake chair. It is comfortable, has nice details with the bottle opener and iPhone case built in...but... The armrests are sewn very cheaply and both broke after the first use! I would not recommend this chair because it will not last a season.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 12, 2014
Color Name: Midnight BlueVerified Purchase
I purchased 2 of these chairs for my husband and I after reading all of the mostly positive Amazon reviews. We excitedly opened the shipping boxes and started setting up our chairs. Immediately a piece of broken plastic hit the floor. After sitting in the chair and having the foot rest collapse we realized it was from one of the clips that holds the foot rest to the chair. We set up the second chair and it had the EXACT same problem. I returned these the same day I received them in the mail. I have ZERO confidence in a product when 2 of them arrive broken BEFORE a single use. I'm very dissapointed and should've known the chair was too good to be true.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi Heather,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience. If within Amazon's return window, please reach out to their customer service team to have this taken care of. Regardless of the return, please call me at the number below (ask for Tim Clark) so that I can hear more about this breakage and try to find a way to make this right.

Once again, I apologize for this inconvenience.

Thanks,