Combat Zone 1 Season 2007
1. Battle of Tal Afar Iraq, 2005 - For centuries, the city of Tal Afar served as a trading post linking East and West. By 2005, Al-Qaeda's brutal reign turned it into a ghost town. In May, the US Army moves in to wipe them out, restoring Iraqi government control to the city.
2. A Tight Spot: Operation Desert Storm, IRAQ Iraq, 1991 - Eight Green Berets from US Army Special Forces go deep inside Iraq to gather info on a key Iraqi location when they are suddenly attacked. It's a harrowing encounter with sleek coordination between air and ground support.
3. Battle of Hue: Vietnam Vietnam, 1968 - As the war explodes with cities in the south falling like dominoes to the Communist forces from the north, US Marines in the city of Hue quickly find themselves badly outnumbered. They must fight building to building to save the city.
4. Battle of Inchon: Korea Korea, 1950 - Three months after Communist North Korea invaded the South, thousands of US Marines hit the beaches behind enemy lines to form a fierce counterattack. Joined by Army infantry, in only 2 weeks they recaptured the South's capitol of Seoul.
5. Rescue in Panama Panama, 1989 - Dictator Manuel Noriega ordered captors to kill American prisoner Kurt Muse if any rescue is attempted. The fourteen Delta Force commandos sent in faced danger - and disaster.
6. Invasion of Grenada Grenada, 1983 - Marxist extremists seize control of Grenada's government and execute the Prime Minister. US forces plan Operation Urgent Fury in just four days. Hundreds descend on the island, hoping to save 800 American students caught in the crossfire.
7. Triangle of Death: Iraq Iraq, 2004 - Free elections approach for Iraqis but south of Baghdad beheadings, executions, roadside bombs, robberies and chaos rule the area. US Marines will need courage and heroism to beat the enemy and make it safe for the election.
8. SLA Gunfight Los Angeles, 1974 - The Symbionese Liberation Army, the most wanted domestic terrorists in the US, followed their kidnapping of heiress Patty Hearst with a daring bank robbery. The shootout with the LAPD made TV viewers wonder: is Patty Hearst inside?
9. Battle of Najaf, Iraq Najaf, Iraq 2004 - The Imam Ali Shrine, a Shiite holy site, was off-limits to US and Iraqi coalition forces, but that didn't stop insurgents from holing up there. Marines had to fight hand-to-hand to take out arms and fighters hiding in the cemetery.
10. Ambush in Hawijah Hawijah, Iraq 2004 - Fort McHenry, the US Military's Forward Operating Base outside Hawijah, suffered egregious attacks in Operation Iraqi Freedom. To protect the new Iraqi police, on August 7 the Army enters the town square - and into a kill zone.
11. Hill 875: Vietnam Vietnam, Thanksgiving 1967 - As Viet Cong forces hid themselves in the jungle, US Airborne Infantry fought hard for "Hill 875". They charged for days to within almost 20 yards of the VC, and just in reach of one of their last sure victories of the war.
12. Ambush at Lake Tharthar: Iraq Iraq, 2005 - A small US/Iraqi team working near Samara come under a fierce attack. Outmanned and outgunned, their call for air support is answered by just two US choppers in the area. The pilots come under heavy enemy fire trying to rescue their troops.
13. Patrol Boat Rescue: Vietnam Vietnam, 1969 - Viet Cong use the North Saigon River to cross into Cambodia and stock up on arms and supplies. With strategy, planning and stealth, thirty US Navymen on six small boats, outmanned and outgunned, fight and win a hard, fast battle.
|Genres||Military & War, Documentary|
|Starring||Shane Wood, Justin Galindo|
|Supporting actors||Lawrence Broughton, Cenker 'Jake' Sen, Eric Shani|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Okay, but little real combat footage and more somewhat lame recreations.Published 13 months ago by Duncan Olaksik
video was great prime is way over priced red box moves are up to date and alot cheaper and more to view i would not recommend to any one way over pricedPublished 21 months ago by Timothy W.
Just checking this out and seen some of the places I've been. It was great to see that the details were rightPublished 22 months ago by herbert
Amazing ! To witness first Gand the dangers our men and women of the armed forces go thru really hits home in this series. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Jiovanni Williams
pretty cool show, I liked it and I like lots of war movies and shows - this one was decentPublished 22 months ago by Laura Collins
I is good to see the bravery, heroism, comradery as soldiers due their duty. A MUST WATCH for anyone who wants to see how our soldiers fight.Published 22 months ago by Randy & Cindi
It's an ok watch when I cant find anything else to entertain myself. Good fall back program to rely on.Published 23 months ago by .---.