Marcus Welby, M.D. 2 Seasons 1969
1. A Matter Of Humanities Dr. Marcus Welby enlists the help of a young Dr. Steven Kiley to help run his Santa Monica practice.
2. Hello, Goodbye, Hello An outgoing schoolteacher with only a few months left to live goes into seclusion, and Dr. Kiley attempts to get her to live the life she has left.
3. The Foal Dr. Welby attempts to help a withdrawn autistic child communicate despite pressure from the child's parents and an unfeeling psychologist.
4. Don't Ignore The Miracles A 42-year-old woman wants an illegal abortion after learning that her husband is having an affair 19 years into a happy, but childless, marriage.
5. Silken Threads And Silver Hooks Dr. Welby attempts to discourage a husband from filming a documentary on his actress-wife's recovery from a stroke.
6. All Flags Flying The doctors struggle to discourage an aging war hero from sailing alone to the South Pacific, as the voyage could prove fatal.
7. Echo Of A Baby's Laugh Dr. Welby examines a young wife in her third trimester and discovers a condition in her blood that could spell trouble for the baby and reveal a long-kept secret to her husband.
8. The White Cane A blind couple's relationship is tested when an operation restores the young man's sight and they have to reconcile their worlds.
9. The Vrahnas Demon An aging yet robust diver refuses to take Dr. Welby's advice to slow down after he's informed that he has emphysema.
10. Madonna With Knapsack And Flute Myra takes a pregnant hippie whom Dr. Welby is treating for mononucleosis into her home and develops an emotional attachment despite Welby's warning not to.
11. Homecoming Dr. Welby and Dr. Kiley disagree on the treatment needed for a recovering drug addict who suffers from the aftereffects of LSD.
12. Let Ernest Come Over A policeman who is up for a promotion wishes to keep his illness quiet, but Dr. Welby is unwilling to keep the ailment secret because it may hinder the officer in completing his duties.
13. The Chemistry Of Hope Parents of a teenaged boy with leukemia refuse to allow Dr. Welby to inform him of his condition.
14. Neither Punch Nor Judy A priest friend of Dr. Welby's suffers severe asthmatic attacks due to pressure from his parishioners. The pressure increases when he is unable to restore an injured man's will to live.
15. Diagnosis: Fear A basketball player seeks out a faith healer for his injured knee instead of having the surgery Dr. Welby recommends.
16. The Soft Phrase Of Peace Dr. Welby treats the son of a black leader who is injured by police during a demonstration.
17. Fun And Games And Michael Ambrose A diabetic threatens to stop taking his insulin shots to get even with his father, whom he blames for his mother's suffering.
18. The Legacy Consuelo's mother is diagnosed with a malignant tumor, and although she accepts the doctor's diagnosis, she finds it hard to accept her roommate, a sour woman dealing with a heart condition.
19. Dance To No Music Doctors Welby and Kiley conduct tests to determine if a scientist has Huntington's, a hereditary disease he's convinced he's afflicted with. His condition worsens upon learning that his wife is pregnant.
20. Go Get 'Em, Tiger Dr. Kiley has to choose between his duty as a doctor and an old friendship when he's called on to give a friend, a reformed drug addict, a physical exam to fulfill a job requirement.
21. Nobody Wants A Fat Jockey Despite suffering fainting spells, a young jockey does everything he can to lose weight for the most important race of his life, and in doing so he collapses and is hospitalized.
22. The Other Side Of The Chart When Dr. Kiley is hospitalized for chicken pox, he becomes interested in an exploratory surgery case and attempts to convince the doctor to try alternative testing.
23. The Merely Syndrome Though she underwent a successful heart surgery as a young girl, a newlywed suffers heart seizures as an adult. Wanting a full life, she pushes the limits despite an overprotective husband.
24. Sea Of Security A student with decompression syndrome insists on one more dive for his degree in Oceanography despite Dr. Welby's advice.
25. The Daredevil Gesture A hemophiliac begs Dr. Welby to keep his condition secret from his new schoolmates. Dr. Welby is concerned that he risks his health to achieve a normal teenage existence.
26. Enid Dr. Kiley rescues a young boy with asthma and meets Enid Cooper, a compassionate counselor at an orphanage whose medicine cabinet suggests a dependence on prescription drugs.
27. The Rebel Doctor Dr. Welby steps in to help a former classmate of Dr. Kiley's, a maverick young doctor who is fighting to keep his neighborhood clinic operational.
|Starring||Robert Young, James Brolin|
|Supporting actors||Elena Verdugo, Steve Ihnat, Lynn Carlin, Brian Dewey, Robert Ellenstein, Booth Colman, William Paul Burns, Penny Gaston, Michele Tobin, Count D. Mingleton, Jeremy Robert Brown|
|Producers||David J. O'Connell, David Victor|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
I saw it years ago and am very pleased to Watch it again, good stories and some guest stars, something strange this is from shout factory and cannot be read on region 2 dvd player,... Read morePublished 22 days ago by Chantal Xhaflaire
SO REAL THAT AS KIDS WE USED TO THINK THAT HE IS A TRUE DOCTORPublished 2 months ago by BACHIR ABOU ZAHR
I love it. So nice to see the shows where they could speak without cursing. There is a lot that could be said about years long past, when TV valued the family .Published 2 months ago by phyllis
More seasons of Marcus Welby, M.D. would be greatly appreciated!!! Please!Published 3 months ago by Pamela B.
I love this show. Please make the other seasons available on Amazon Instant video - seasons 3-7. Thank you very much.Published 4 months ago by Susan E. Henry
How much fun to see Dr. Welby and that young sprout, Dr. Kiley, putting their medical minds together once again! So glad this made it to DVD! Read morePublished 5 months ago by K. Maver