Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman 6 Seasons 2010
1. Is There a Creator? Did our Universe come into being by chance or was it created by a God? The latest science shows that the four forces governing our universe are finely tuned, so much so that it has led many to believe that something must have calibrated them.
2. The Riddle of the Black Holes They are the most powerful objects in the universe. Astronomers now think there are billions of them, swallowing up planets and stars in violent feeding frenzies, and that reality may take place on a two-dimensional hologram at the edge of the universe.
3. Is Time Travel Possible? Einstein's Theory of Relativity says time travel is possible, if you're going forward in time. But finding a way to travel backwards requires breaking the speed of light. Now strange-but-true phenomena such as quantum nonlocality may make this a reality.
4. What Happened Before the Beginning? Cosmologists and astronomers agree: our Universe is 13.7 billion years old. Using cutting-edge technology, scientists are now able to take a snapshot of the Universe a mere heartbeat after its birth. But if the Universe was born, where did it come from?
5. How Did We Get Here? Everywhere we look on Earth, in the most hospitable of environments and in the most extreme, we find life. Yet we have only ever found life on our planet. How did the stuff of stars come together to create life as we know it? What do we mean by 'life'?
6. Are We Alone? Aliens almost certainly do exist. So why haven't we yet met E.T. We're only just developing instruments powerful enough to scan for them. One leading astronomer believes she may already have heard a hint of their first efforts to communicate.
7. What Are We Made Of? Our understanding of the universe and reality has drastically changed over the last 100 years, and it's on the verge of another seismic shift based on LHC findings. What we find could validate theories about how the world works and what we are made of.
8. Beyond the Darkness What is the universe made of? If you answered stars, planets, gas and dust, you're wrong. Today scientists think there must be five times as much dark matter as regular matter, but they have no idea what it is only that it's not made of atoms we know of.
|Genres||Mystery, Documentary, Kids & Family|
|Starring||Morgan Freeman, Paul Davies|
|Supporting actors||Lynn Rothschild, Ekai Stone, Jill Tarter, Will Wright|
|Producers||Simon Andreae, Lindsey Foster, Morgan Freeman, Sara Kozak, Lori McCreary, Bernadette McDaid, Tracy Mercer, Deborah Adler Myers, Kurt Sayenga, Nadine Tanio, Rhys Thomas, James Younger|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
I like to always look for evidence of how the universe and humanity came into existence and this series give great detailed information on the subjectPublished 8 days ago by William E. D'Farnesio
I really like the way they arrange the program. It will start with a topic, they will introduce it , answer a lot of questions about the topic but best of all, they will raise a... Read morePublished 11 days ago by RJ
VERY basic science that leaves out a lot of interesting details. Look to the "Great Courses" series unless you're a beginner.Published 22 days ago by All Zig
I received part of the program, hence not the second disc. I have made inquiries, but have not received a response at this time determining how to solve my dilemma. Read morePublished 29 days ago by Mada
I use this to provoke thought and understanding with my kids. We watch it together and it's a great series.Published 1 month ago by David Wilde