Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole 6 Seasons 2010
1. Is There a Creator? Did our Universe come into being by chance or was it created by a God? The latest science shows that the four forces governing our universe are finely tuned, so much so that it has led many to believe that something must have calibrated them.
2. The Riddle of the Black Holes They are the most powerful objects in the universe. Astronomers now think there are billions of them, swallowing up planets and stars in violent feeding frenzies, and that reality may take place on a two-dimensional hologram at the edge of the universe.
3. Is Time Travel Possible? Einstein's Theory of Relativity says time travel is possible, if you're going forward in time. But finding a way to travel backwards requires breaking the speed of light. Now strange-but-true phenomena such as quantum nonlocality may make this a reality.
4. What Happened Before the Beginning? Cosmologists and astronomers agree: our Universe is 13.7 billion years old. Using cutting-edge technology, scientists are now able to take a snapshot of the Universe a mere heartbeat after its birth. But if the Universe was born, where did it come from?
5. How Did We Get Here? Everywhere we look on Earth, in the most hospitable of environments and in the most extreme, we find life. Yet we have only ever found life on our planet. How did the stuff of stars come together to create life as we know it? What do we mean by 'life'?
6. Are We Alone? Aliens almost certainly do exist. So why haven't we yet met E.T. We're only just developing instruments powerful enough to scan for them. One leading astronomer believes she may already have heard a hint of their first efforts to communicate.
7. What Are We Made Of? Our understanding of the universe and reality has drastically changed over the last 100 years, and it's on the verge of another seismic shift based on LHC findings. What we find could validate theories about how the world works and what we are made of.
8. Beyond the Darkness What is the universe made of? If you answered stars, planets, gas and dust, you're wrong. Today scientists think there must be five times as much dark matter as regular matter, but they have no idea what it is only that it's not made of atoms we know of.
|Genres||Mystery, Documentary, Kids & Family|
|Starring||Morgan Freeman, Carlos Frenk|
|Supporting actors||Richard Massey, Saul Perlmutter, Vera C. Rubin, David Spergel|
|Producers||Simon Andreae, Morgan Freeman, Lori McCreary, Bernadette McDaid, Tracy Mercer, Deborah Adler Myers, James Younger|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
My 6-year old grandson truly enjoyed Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman. Plan to purchase more in the series.Published 16 days ago by vannessa anderson
It's a bit religious, but it's still pretty good. If you only get one, get the Cosmos remake instead.Published 23 days ago by DRS
This is my favorite scientific TV series. It benefits from having Morgan Freeman as the host and narrator. Read morePublished 24 days ago by ReadyMan
Plan to continue watching. Have only seen the first episode but want to know more.Published 1 month ago by Paul G. Rauschke
Cutting edge quantum physics, neurology, and spirituality all balance perfectly in Through the Wormhole to solve, and introduce, some of the most fascinating and/or troubling... Read morePublished 2 months ago by brianman3