Napoleon and Love 1 Season 1974
1. Rose Marseilles, 1795. Broke and unemployed, Napoleon seeks the hand of Desiree, a relative of his sister-in-law, who possesses a substantial dowry. When her parents reject him, he leaves for Paris, where he secures an important position and meets Josephine.
2. Josephine While Napoleon wages a brilliant campaign in Italy, Josephine conducts an affair with a handsome captain in Paris. When Napoleon demands that she join him in Milan, she replies that she can't travel, but Napoleon's passion for her grows greater each day.
3. Pauline Campaigning in Egypt, Napoleon hears of Josephine's infidelity. Heartbroken, he embarks on an affair of his own with Pauline, the wife of a French lieutenant, and promises to marry her after divorcing Josephine.
4. Georgina Now first consul of France and on the brink of becoming emperor, Napoleon takes a series of mistresses. The greatest threat to Josephine is an ambitious young actress, Mademoiselle George, whom Napoleon calls Georgina.
5. Eleonore Napoleon is the emperor of France but still has no heir. Is he infertile, or is Josephine too old? Napoleon's sister Caroline arranges a new mistress for him, Eleonore, who soon becomes pregnant. But is the child really his?
6. Marie Walewska The Emperor frees Warsaw from the Russians and falls in love with Marie Walewska, who spurns his advances until Polish patriots convince her otherwise. If she becomes Napoleon's mistress, perhaps she can curry favor for Poland.
7. Maria-Luisa Napoleon needs a son and knows that Josephine can never give him one. Josephine's final desperate ploy--spreading rumors of Napoleon's impotence--fails. Napoleon divorces her and demands the hand of the Austrian emperor's daughter.
8. Louise Napoleon weds Archduchess Marie-Louise of Austria, a young woman with large sexual appetites. Before long, she is pregnant. Following a difficult labor, she delivers a son and immediately wants another, but Napoleon has world domination on his mind.
9. The End of Love When Napoleon's Russian expedition fails, he is forced to abdicate and retreat to Elba. Josephine takes ill and remains faithful to the end. Napoleon returns to France in triumph, but soon faces Waterloo and his ultimate destiny.
|Genres||Military & War, Drama, Romance|
|Starring||Ian Holm, Peter Blythe|
|Supporting actors||Peter Bowles, Ronald Hines, Peter Jeffrey, Françoise Pascal, Donald Pelmear, Hana Maria Pravda, Catherine Schell, Vladek Sheybal, Elma Soiron, Kevin Stoney, Andre Van Gyseghem, John White, Stephen Yardley|
|Producers||Reginald Collin, Lloyd Shirley|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
This is an impressive 1974 costume drama series with great acting by many famous British movie and television stars. Read morePublished 5 months ago by M. Welch
Even though it seems old mbecause of make up and hairdos, it's still interesting, good performances.Published 8 months ago by A. Quintana