Scarecrow and Mrs. King 4 Seasons 1985
1. To Catch A Mongoose Amanda is brought to London to identify an old high school classmate the Agency believes is The Mongoose, a Carlos-type killer. The seemingly easy assignment becomes life threatening when Amanda is kidnapped by the real Mongoose and forced to work for him.
2. The Times They Are A Changin' Lee and Amanda must procure the safe return of a sixties radical, now hooked up with terrorists in Munich, and stop the assassination of an as-yet-unidentified American before time runs out.
3. Double Agent An ex-spy turned writer (STEVE EASTIN) threatens to expose U.S. agents, including Amanda, in a book he plans to have published. Lee and Amanda must obtain the manuscript before it is published, or before the Russians get hold of it.
4. The Legend Of Das Geisterschloss Lee and Amanda must save the life of an important English agent and break up a top secret eavesdropping post which has been stealing secrets from Western allies.
5. Charity Begins at Home Lee (BRUCE BOXLEITNER) and Amanda (KATE JACKSON) uncover a scheme to sell a secret formula that would control the price and supply of crops, enabling the owner of the formula to reap vast profits on speculation.
6. Brunettes Are In Amanda is kidnapped by a white-slavery operation while she’s on a courier assignment for Lee and the agency, an assignment that may cost the lives of some captured agents.
7. Our Man in Tegernsee When Amanda is arrested in Germany for passing bogus currency, Lee is drawn into pursuing a ring of counterfeiters with his old friend Harry Hollinger (JORIS STUYCK), a disgruntled agent living there.
8. The Affair at Bromfield Hall When Lee and Amanda go to London to investigate a major security leak, Amanda is drawn into a sex scandal designed to lure Lee to his death.
9. A Class Act Agent Lee Stetson poses as a new recruit while Amanda King gets some official Agency training at a week-long Station One session that unmasks an Eastern block assassin who is out to kill her.
10. Playing Possum A breach of security shuts down the Agency and pairs Lee and Amanda with a top Soviet agent (MILOS KIREK) in a mission to thwart a crazed Russian's (JOHN COLICOS) attempt to set off a nuclear bomb in Washington, D.C.
11. The Three Faces Of Emily British agent Lady Emily Farnsworth (JEAN STAPLETON) helps Lee and nab a man responsible for selling stolen secret plans for a futuristic fighter plane developed by Britain and America.
12. Ship of Spies Lee and Amanda pose as an engaged couple on a cruise to investigate the disappearance of an informant and discover a plot to smuggle gold in order to fund a revolution.
13. Spiderweb An ultra-secret operation to deliver and debrief three important Communist defectors is jeopardized by a security leak within the Agency that points squarely toward Amanda.
14. A Little Sex, A Little Scandal Amanda is marked for death after witnessing the murder of a congressional aide who learned that a senator's (WILLIAM JOYCE) voting record had been influenced by a blackmailing call-girl operation run by a lobbyist (TRICIA O'NEIL).
15. A Relative Situation Amanda King and Lee Stetson blow the cover of an Air Force officer conspiring to sell top-secret military equipment to an enemy power.
16. Life Of The Party Amanda demonstrates her true worth when, posing as a maid, she plays a key role with Lee in the daring capture of a crime syndicate kingpin (AL RUSCIO) and a shakedown artist (KENNETH GILMAN).
17. Odds On A Dead Pigeon A ruthless killer, hired by a paroled convict (DENNIS LIPSCOMB) seeking revenge for the slaying of his brother by Agency operatives, becomes a look-alike of Amanda King in order to kill Lee Stetson.
18. Car Wars While her car is in the shop, Amanda borrows a car from the Agency impound lot and inadvertently becomes the target of a deadly crime syndicate.
19. D.O.A.: Delirious On Arrival Amanda ingests a mysterious drug intended for Lee and undergoes a startling transformation in which her personality becomes the opposite of her normal, well-adjusted self. Meanwhile, Lee must catch the culprit and provide Amanda with the antidote.
20. You Only Die Twice An agent, in Washington on a personal crusade to find a murderer mistakenly uses Amanda King's identity during a sensitive investigation at a high-tech corporation.
21. Burn Out Stress and overwork seem to have taken their toll on agent Lee Stetson, whose classic case of job burnout removes him from field duty for a desk job -- and gets him involved with subversives who give him a deadly assignment: kill Amanda King.
22. Murder Between Friends Lee and Amanda save an East Africa leader from a hit squad, but Lee gets trapped by his own security system and Amanda winds up as a prime murder suspect.
23. Vigilante Mothers Theft of a deadly nerve gas that could help conquer the world sends Lee and Amanda on the trail of a killer (DANIEL DAVIS) who uses lovesick women as accomplices and rewards them, not with romance, but rigor mortis.
|Starring||Kate Jackson, Bruce Boxleitner|
|Supporting actors||Beverly Garland, Mel Stewart, Martha Smith, Greg Morton, Paul Stout, Doris Belack, Linda Carlson, John Davey, Daniel Davis, Sandy Faison, Robert Gooden, Anita Hamilton, Terrence E. McNally, Daniel McVicar, Gary C. Smith, Patricia Wilson|
|Producers||Juanita Bartlett, Dennis C. Duckwall, Bill Froehlich, Steve Hattman, Mark Lisson, Michael S. McLean, Paul Waigner|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
The 80's produced a lot of shows with silly premises that were really lots of fun. A perfect example of that is Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers
I love this show! I end up smiling at the end of every episode.Published 3 months ago by Jessica Weible
Is this the 80s? Yes. Is it somewhat cheesy? Yes. But I love it. My older daughter loved it in the the 90s and my younger loves it now too. It's just fun family entertainment. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Readsforfun