Borgia: Faith and Fear 2 Seasons 2011
Amazon Instant Video
1. 1492 After a heated argument with della Rovere, Rodrigo convinces Pope Innocent to name King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of Spain, "Most Catholic Majesty". The Medici give a bankrupted Pope Innocent a loan to pay off his son's gambling debts, in return for…
2. Ondata di calore Alessandro and Cesare visit a Striga to predict Cesare's future. She foresees five deaths over the course of the summer that will change Cesare's life. The Borgia, Orsini, Medici and Cibo dine together to celebrate their new alliance: Giovanni de Medici is…
3. A Sacred Vow Bells toll as the rioting has ended temporarily. Cesare returns to Pisa, where he meets in secret with a pregnant Fiametta, fearful of Rodrigo discovering his unborn son.
4. Wisdom of the Holy Spirit The Conclave continues, as no single Cardinal has received enough votes to be elected Pope. Rodrigo visits della Porta, hoping to gain his votes, and outlines the consequences of what will happen depending on who is elected Pope -- war with Naples or Milan,…
5. The Bonds of Matrimony Cesare and Alessandro arrive in Spoleto, where Rodrigo has told them to remain, indefinitely. They meet Cesare's new secretary, Agapito Geraldini. Rodrigo is crowned Pope, announcing plans to rebuild St. Peter's, funded by an annual tithe from each Cardinal.…
6. Legitimacy Spanish Ambassador De Haro announces the discovery of a New World by the legendary explorer, Cristofero Colombo. If Rodrigo grants Spain's claim legitimate, King Ferdinand will offer Princess Maria Enriques de Luna's hand in marriage to Juan. Rodrigo uses a…
7. Maneuvers At the Consistory, Carafa announces King Ferrante of Naples is dead. The Cardinals debate the rightful ruler of Naples: Ferrante's son, Prince Alfonso d'Aragona or King Charles of France. Cardinal della Rovere argues in favor of Charles, despite Rodrigo's…
8. Prelude to an Apocalypse Milan, della Rovere, the Colonna and the Orsini have all allied with France. Venice, Spain, and the Holy Roman Empire remain uncommitted.
9. The Invasion of Rome As Giulia gives birth, Rodrigo and the remaining Cardinals discuss the state of war. Della Rovere is poised to take over as pope. Switching strategies, Rodrigo gives Charles permission to pass through Rome.
10. Miracles At the French encampment, Djem learns of his son's murder by his brother, Bajazet. Distraught, he falls ill. Cesare uses the opportunity to escape and informs Lucrezia that d'Este is in a hospital in Rome. Lucrezia goes to visit him, where she learns that he…
11. God's Monster Having learned that his wife died in childbirth, an angry Juan confronts Lucrezia about her role in Maria Enriques' escape. Lucrezia is devastated, firm in her resolve to remain a nun she visits Lucia to ask how she may be "blessed" with stigmata. Cardinal…
12. The Serpent Rises Rodrigo addresses the Cardinals. Upon receiving a letter of condolence from della Rovere, Rodrigo invites him back to Rome and dismisses Giulia. After Cesare informs him that Juan killed their halfbrother Pedro Luis, Rodrigo sends him back to Valencia.…
|Starring||John Doman, Mark Ryder|
|Supporting actors||Stanley Weber, Isolda Dychauk, Marta Gastini, Diarmuid Noyes, Andrea Sawatzki, Art Malik, Assumpta Serna, John Bradley, Sean Campion, Dejan Cukic, Karel Dobrý, Michael Fitzgerald, Udo Kier, Jirí Mádl, Victor Schefé, Tereza Vorísková, Richard Southgate, Miroslav Táborský|
|Producers||Steven Bawol, Takis Candilis, Fabrice de la Patellière, Ferdinand Dohna, Tom Fontana, Barry Levinson, Jan Mojto, Petr Moravec, Michael Schwarz, Aaron Seliquini, Anne Thomopoulos, Klaus Zimmermann|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
We've only watched three episodes. On the plus side, if this is remotely accurate historically, it's unbelievable how depraved life was in 1492 Rome, and it's a good history... Read morePublished 6 days ago by MEL
It's decent but nothing compared to the Showtime series and should be actually be less expensive than the Showtime series. Read morePublished 20 days ago by NY Viewer
An extraordinary revealing view of the age of despotic rule by a family of psychopaths. Religion justified authority at its worst. Read morePublished 23 days ago by ed
I thought that this version wouldn't be as good as the Borgias of HBO, but this production lacks for nothing in comparison! Read morePublished 3 months ago by Vincent C. Rocha
Loved the series...waiting for season 3 patiently....hurry up please.....Published 4 months ago by PUMPKINEATER