Love in a Cold Climate 1 Season 1980
1. Child Hunt The gaggle of Radlett girls and their friends are filled with excitement of the season and an unquenched curiosity about married life. Their eccentric childhood includes Lord Alconleigh "hunting" his offspring with bloodhounds for exercise.
2. Coming Out Polly Montdore has grown into a haughty beauty, aloof to everyone, but dear to the Radlett girls. As her coming-out ball and the following year progress, Polly and her confidante Linda Radlett pursue matrimony--but not with the men their parents selected.
3. Rings and Things Despite disapproval from both families, Linda and Tony are determined to marry. Sonia's patience is strained as her daughter and husband stand their ground. Meanwhile, Polly resists her mother's meddling to pick a husband--until she meets Boy Dougdale.
4. The Merry Widower Linda is trapped in a loveless marriage, and her in-laws refuse to let her to spend her pregnancy with her family. Polly's wedding to Boy Dougdale dissolves into disaster as Lady Montdore faces her estate's title falling into the hands of an unknown heir.
5. Heir Apparent Cedric Hampton arrives at Hampton, thrilled and determined to make Lady Montdore a decent companion. Polly retreats to Sicily with her new husband but finds the heat stifling as her marriage cools. Christian Talbot, a penniless communist, wins Linda over.
6. Foreigners Are Fiends Lady Montdore throws a Venetian ball featuring more than one startling revelation. The success buoys her mood enough to reconcile with Polly, who is consoling the loss of Boy's baby with a new admirer. Linda follows Christian to a refugee camp in France.
7. Monsieur Le Duc Penniless and stranded in Paris, Linda struggles to recover from her second failed marriage. A stranger at a train station offers aid, sparking a friendship. As the chance of a full-blown affair blooms, the onset of war threatens to separate the lovers.
8. In Love and War In 1940, the Radletts are all doing their part for the war effort: Aunt Sadie stores crates for the Museum; Uncle Matt drills Defense Volunteers; and in London, Linda waits for Fabrice, despite his pleas that she retreat to the countryside for safety.
|Starring||Jean-Pierre Cassel, Lucy Gutteridge|
|Supporting actors||Michael Williams, John Moffatt, Vivian Pickles, Judi Dench, Michael Cochrane, Job Stewart, Michael Aldridge, Isabelle Amyes, Katherine Kath, Amanda Boxer, Selena Carey-Jones, Christopher Scoular, Gillian Maude, Gérard Falconetti, Gaston Meunier|
|Producers||Ian Elsey, Gerald Savory|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
We found this a little hard to follow at times, but stayed with it and it became clearer at the end. Good acting to cover a long period of history.Published 3 months ago by Ann Shewcraft
I bought this from Amazon Instant video. The video and audio quality is appalling. I stream Amazon and Netflix frequently and never had this unwatchable experience before. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Readthebook
I really wanted to like it, but could not get beyond the sub-par acting and the horrendous costuming. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Anon-E-mouse
This 1980 Thames (ITV) mini-series is a delightful adaptation of Nancy Mitford's books. Good acting and interesting characters; quite funny at times. Will watch this again.Published 7 months ago by They