The Soul Man 4 Seasons 2012
1. Lost in the Move Singer Boyce "The Voice" Ballentine (Cedric The Entertainer) gets the calling and moves his family to his hometown of St. Louis to become a preacher. The family soon notices that some things were definitely lost in the move.
2. Pastor Interference Barton is spending all his time at Boyce's house, so Boyce hires him as a senior advisor at the church, but quickly regrets the offer. Lolli thinks Barton needs a woman, and Lyric practices driving with Stamps.
3. The Ballentine Hands The church choir director convinces Boyce to hire outside singers to rig their competition, Boyce struggles with the decision. Lolli hires Stamps as a hair washer at her salon but discovers that he's doing more than shampooing.
4. I Wanna Spend Time Witchoo Boyce is excited to spend his birthday with Lolli and relax but finds his hands full when his annoying, former neighbors from Vegas arrive out of the blue and interfere with the surprise party Lolli and the family have planned.
5. My Old Flame Attending a funeral prompts Barton to announce his own last will and testament stirring up tension between Boyce and Stamps. Boyce is visited by his hot ex-girlfriend who is looking for more than just minister's counseling.
6. Preacher's Block When Boyce gets preacher's block, Lolli invites his old writing partner Sweet Brown Taylor to come help - but Sweet has another agenda. Barton and Stamps lock themselves in Boyce's office while installing a new alarm system.
7. The God-Fathers Boyce is put to the test by the Council of United Leaders of Faith - "made men" who can "make it or break it" for Boyce and his church. Lolli's tea party for the church ladies heats up when Boyce's cousin Nikki spikes the punch.
8. J.C. Carpenter's Gospel Show J.C. Carpenter, Boyce's former back-up singer turned mega-preacher, declares he's quitting religious showbiz and asks Boyce to break the news to his faithful flock. Barton seeks Lolli's advice about the woman he's been seeing.
9. How To Be a Church Lady Trouble arises for Boyce when Carolyn, a church member's wife, catches Lolli and the church ladies gossiping about her. Barton disapproves of Stamps' girlfriend but warms up to her when he realizes she cooks a mean breakfast.
10. Loving Las Vegas Boyce brings the family and choir with him to Las Vegas for fun and relaxation. Things go awry when Barton is tempted by sin, Lolli has trouble with the church ladies and Stamps takes Boyce's spot in a round of celebrity golf.
11. To Leave Or Not To Leave After visiting his brother in Florida, Barton decides to move there permanently much to the surprise of his family. Meanwhile, a huge storm, and Barton's estranged wife Della, prepare to roll into St. Louis. To Be Continued...
12. Momma's House Barton's ex-wife Della arrives in St. Louis and there's a blackout caused by the storm. Boyce counsels the couple and things take an unexpected turn. Is Lolli pregnant? And is it finally time for Stamps to grow up?
|Starring||Cedric the Entertainer, Niecy Nash|
|Supporting actors||Wesley Jonathan, Jazz Raycole, John Beasley, Robert Forster, Steve Schirripa, Hattie Winston, Kim Coles, Sherri Shepherd, Kim Delgado, Stephen Rockwell, Marco Khan, Simone Lotter|
|Producers||Joe Furey, Mark Nasser, Eric Rhone, Sheridan Thayer|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
These two are great together and I hope there's a 4th and 5th seasons!Published 9 months ago by Jai
Good show to watch with predictable ending. Funny but not laugh out loud funny. The show is interesting to watch.Published 16 months ago by dmof10
Cedric "The Entertainer" is one of my favorite comedians. The episode is very, very funny. Cedric is so talented that he always makes me laugh. Read morePublished on June 13, 2013 by Jean White