Upstairs, Downstairs 5 Seasons 1975
1. On with the Dance Summer 1919. Upstairs, Lord and Lady Bellamy make plans to leave Eaton Place. Downstairs, the servants fear for their jobs. Fortunately, Virginia's young children save the day.
2. A Place in the World February 1920. Medically discharged from the army, James enters politics but refuses any guidance from his father. Also striking out on their own, Edward and Daisy have left service but are struggling to survive.
3. Laugh a Little Louder Please Summer 1921. The Viscount and her Ladyship travel for their honeymoon. While they're away, Georgina throws a wild party at Eaton Place that ends in tragedy.
4. The Joy Ride Autumn 1921. James buys a small airplane and takes his young stepmother for a spin. When the plane disappears, the household prepares for the worst and the press has a field day.
5. Wanted--A Good Home Spring 1922. Virginia's son goes to boarding school, and her daughter gets a puppy. The imperious new governess is not pleased, and soon Eaton Place is in an uproar.
6. An Old Flame Spring 1923. Bored with life, James takes up with his best friend's wife. When they spend a weekend together in a cottage, the Bellamys barely avert a scandal.
7. Disillusion Spring 1924. Georgina returns from America with news of Elizabeth. Hudson stuns the household when he falls in love with Lily, a young house maid, and gives notice.
8. Such a Lovely Man Summer 1925. Seeking an important government post, Lord Richard courts influential millionaire Sir Guy Paynter. But Guy is more interested in Virginia. Meanwhile, Ruby has a suitor.
9. The Nine Days Wonder May 1926. Britain's General Strike of 1926 rattles the Bellamy household. Lord Richard is dismayed, James takes a job as a bus conductor, and Hudson struggles to keep order downstairs.
10. The Understudy September 1926. Eaton Place hosts an important dinner party for the French ambassador. When Hudson falls ill, someone must take his place, causing a crisis downstairs.
11. Alberto June 1927. James takes Lady Prudence to Ascot. Georgina's friendship with Lady Dolly Hale, a wild society girl, leads to an ugly scene and the departure of a key servant.
12. Will Ye No' Come Back Again? On a household holiday in the Scottish Highlands, Hudson confronts a poacher. James reveals his feelings for Georgina, but when she doesn't return his ardor, he leaves abruptly for America.
13. Joke Over Summer 1928. Georgina's out-of-control behavior causes more trouble for the Bellamys. When a joyride proves fatal, Lord Robert Stockbridge comes to Georgina's aid.
14. Noblesse Oblige Summer 1929. Georgina and Robert want to marry. His parents agree, with a catch: the pair must not see each other for a time. Downstairs, Mrs. Bridges and Ruby are at odds.
15. All the King's Horses October 1929. Home after making a killing on Wall Street, James urges the Bellamy household to get on the gravy train, and Rose trusts James to invest for her.
16. Whither Shall I Wander? Summer 1930. Eaton Place is sold, and James's debt means Georgina inherits nothing. Will Robert return for her after all? As the saga ends, upstairs and downstairs go their separate ways.
I loved this show in the 70s, and enjoyed re-watching it, very low cost per ep and good picture and sound quality.Published 19 days ago by RivkaM
Very entertaining even though it's an old series. Some don't capture my attention but this one did.Published 9 months ago by shoo fly