Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

Size: 8 fl oz|Change
Price:$7.99 - $34.99

on July 20, 2011
I've been using Curl Whip for about 2 years now. My hair is thick, frizzy, coarse and curly. My curls aren't spiral, more all over the place. I don't really love the way my curls are since they have a mind of their own but this product has given my curly hair more structure and less frizz.

While I don't like applying it to soaking damp hair, I just use my towel and gently squeeze my hair once before applying the curl whip. I usually absorb a little of the wetness so it's not dripping all over my back. With curly hair, the more you touch it or dry it, the frizzier it becomes. So the less touching the better.

My hair is shoulder length and I use a little less than a quarter size from the roots to the tips and just shake out the curl. For a little added softness I add a drop of Olivina oil all over the ends, avoiding the scalp (yes its a body & leg oil, but when I was at Lake Austin Spa they used it in my hair and it left it sooo soft and shiny!). I shake my hair out and sleep with it wet.

The next morning, again I shake out the curls because they do end up being a little tight, but formed. My hair is super bouncy, my curls are soft and formed. I re-wet certain spots that I slept on and the curl re-appears. It's not crunchy, not wet looking, flat or anything else. Just bouncy curls. Usually 2nd day hair is best because the curl has loosened a bit, all you do is re-wet (spritz) and go. So simple.

If you're not sure if this product will work for you, they have a smaller travel size. The smell isn't all too great, but it goes away. The oil I add loosens the curl a bit too. I would definitely recommend this product to curly hair people! The perfect leave in styling tool without all the hardness or crunch!
on March 20, 2015
This did exactly what Anthony Dickey said on my 4C hair. I will be wearing wash-n-go styles and no longer dreading detangling thanks to his simple advice to conditioner-rinse no more than 2-3 days apart. This is the only product that I have used that gives my hair weight and body. Also, I used too much product, thinking that this would be like other leave-ins. It was totally different. I had too much product and I didn't have any product buildup whatsoever. That has never happened. My only complaint is that I have to order online and it's no longer sold in Target. I don't like having to pay shipping fees on hair products. My rating is still a 5 because the products was everything that it is supposed to be for my hair type. My coils are the same diameter as a spring in an ink pen to give you an idea of how tiny my coils are. Coils as tight as mine also equal dry hair, but co-washing so frequently doesn't allow it to become over dried and brittle. I am glad that I discovered Dickey's common sense approach to texture care.
on March 19, 2012
If you are looking for an all natural, great for the environment type product this is NOT it! BUT...if you are looking for a product that will make your 4b/c hair look fabulous then this is it. I love the way my hair looks after using curly whip. I love Kinky Curly Curling Custard (for it's ingredients and for the job it does on my hair) but that product tends to get crunchy and it also flakes. I haven't had that problem with the hair rules Curly Whip. So far so good!
VINE VOICEon July 31, 2013
I have tried KCCC (leaves hair crunchy and needs lots of maintainance between application), hair gel (as a daily wash-n-go) and then I found THIS. I went to the salon as recommended by a friend and learned how to apply it. I use it to set my hair under a hood dryer or as a wash-n-go, or just air dry and I ALWAYS get great results. Hair doesn't frizz and and keeps a consistent curl pattern. I don't run from humid weather and my curls come out different depending on the humidity if I air dry it -but never frizzed! I wash and reapply every 3 (as instructed) to 5 days (when I'm cheating). I recently went to Miss Jessie's bc a friend told me their styling products last a week but I found the routine to have too many steps so back to Curly Whip. A 32 oz bottle lasts me approx 6 weeks - I have 3C hair. I used to use the Hair Rules shampoo and conditioner but I have also had good results with other brands and the curly whip.

Please resume carrying the 32 oz bottle!
on December 11, 2014
absolutely amazing product. defined my curls like no other. it took a while to dry but I may have used too much of the product. My hair was not hard or crunchy afterwards. I used it in conjunction with the hair rules daily cleanser and quench conditioner. I will definitely do more wash and wear styling due to Dickey and his products. This man KNOWS of what he speaks.
on December 29, 2014
This is really expensive for what it does. (Or in my case, what is doesn't do.)

I'm sure that this probably works wonders on some people's hair. I've watched the video that Hair Rules has on their site showing how to use this and it does look great on their models.

However, it doesn't define my 4A curls nearly as well as Eco Styler Gel, Ms Jessie's Jelly Soft curls, Ms Jessie's Coily Custard, or even just homemade flaxseed gel does. Also, Hair Rules Curly Whip has fewer natural ingredients than these other products.

I'm not really a fan of the scent either. It's not overbearing, but it smells a little like fabric softener sheets.
on March 8, 2014
I find that when my hair is dry, I can wet it and toss a bit of this on it, wah-la! It's beautiful.
on August 9, 2015
I have naturally curly hair (3c) and this was one of my favorite products. I need to buy more and try using again now that I've trimmed the last of the straight ends from my hair. The finishing cream left my hair looking moist & with a shine.
on November 11, 2013
Hello I have used some of his competitors out there as far as curling cream is concerned but I always come back to his curly whip.I LOVE THE STUFF!!!! I am using other products now but as far as defining my natural curl pattern in my hair- his curly whip does it. I have went ahead and purchased the 32 oz ( which is extreme cost wise) but at least it will last me for a very long time since I use an ample amount. I don't understand what some of the reviewers mean about the "smell"? It doesn't have a wretched smell at all. Oh and by the way what is important my hair is not left dry or the curls are not crunchy. As soon as I apply it my curls are poppin' and definin'.
on March 2, 2015
Description does not do the curl whip justice. I have been looking for a product to keep my hair from looking fuzzy and dried out --but everytime I think I found something I've been disappointed. I think finally this is the real thing that my curly hair has been needing. Hoping Amazon will keep this in stock because I have not found this locally. I will be trying the shampoo and conditioner next.

See 1 answered question