2 and a half stars? Does not even deserve zero stars.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 10, 2012 8:04:54 AM PST
M. Gaudet says:
How about a negative 100 stars for the lack of the theatrical star wars trilogy. And they have the nerve to call it the complete saga when the films that created the legend are not included. Insanity!

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 11:05:39 AM PST
David Harris says:
But this is only the "Complete" saga, but in dvd-speak "Ultimate Collection" means "complete". Sometimes. Complete just means penultimate.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 3:52:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 13, 2012 3:52:58 AM PST
Coressel says:
Wow, this is such an original topic. What will you do for an encore?

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 10:11:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 13, 2012 10:12:08 AM PST
Billy D says:
Despite the statement trying to be made by the Star Wars purists, this box set is still currently #1 in its category...even out-selling the Harry Potter box set.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 10:37:38 AM PST
David Harris says:
"this box set is still currently #1 in its category..."

Not a surprise. It's "Star Wars". It's blu-ray, a hot new medium. Of course it will sell! The timing is right. 30+ years of purists and newbies are snatching it up. Few (if any, probably none) blu-rays have decades worth of new material and new fans like this does.

That doesn't mean that s statement hasn't been made, and a line drawn between what other filmmakers feel their the audience deserves, vs. the way Lucas seems to look down on them. - "I'm sorry you saw half a completed film and fell in love with it"

I'm not! :)

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 7:05:17 AM PST
I would LOVE an ultimate edition of just the OT alone.

It would include:
Original Theatrical, 1997 Special Edition, 2004 edition, and 2011 Blu-Ray

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 6:41:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2012 6:41:57 PM PST
BE says:
What about the 1981 rerelease? What about that?
~Trenton Taylor

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 7:21:55 PM PST
chard69 says:
Bunch of whiny babies! How about this? Don't buy it, losers!

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 12:30:07 PM PST
Angelus says:
I am just confused why Lucas would allow the DVDs to have the option of playing the theatrical versions, but not the Blu-Rays. He claims that he wants people to stop crying and complaining about the changes, but he brings it on himself by taking our option away for the BR release. It is almost like he is trolling us with his only successful movies. I don't see him remastering Howard the Duck. I mean, THAT could not be the way he meant for THAT movie to turn out...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 2:11:31 PM PST
Coressel says:
Lucas didn't have much more to do with Howard the Duck than Spielberg had to do with an even worse little trifle called "batteries not included" many years ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 9:31:54 AM PST
From what I understand Lucas went after the original masters - he cut up the original celluloid making a release of the originals impossible (not that he couldn't go back and special effect to make the originals whole again, which we won't do because he hates his fans and is possibly clinically insane).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jan 10, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray]
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray] by Mark Hamill (Blu-ray - 2011)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (3,436)