We have a tub now for our big baby that is like a hammock, but she's heavy and her lower back rests on an uncomfortable bar. Is this the same?
asked by TGA on February 13, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
vote
The hammock feature of this tub is removable. If you have a larger child like I did I would not recommend using the hammock part of this tub but rather using the infant part of the tub.
Courtney P. answered on February 13, 2013

A
votes
Yes I believe so. I only used the hammock when my twins were brand new and only 5lbs
Tiffany answered on February 13, 2013

A
votes
Our baby was born over 9 lbs and we never had this issue. There is a low "bump" designed to support their legs when they are too big for the hammock but the hammock has adjustable straps. We kept it tight and made sure to not get it wet and then place her in it. The fabric gets cold fast and our daughter would scream. I can't say that I would even try another tub. This one worked great. I hope if we have a boy he won't mind pink.
autumn connolly answered on February 13, 2013

A
votes
This tub does have the bar on the bottom but it's not too high. I tightened the sling ad much as I could and still be safe and we were good for awhile but once he reached around the 10 lb mark I had to take him out the sling not because he was hitting the bar but because he just got to big and active for it. He is still on the newborn side (he's not a fan of the infant toddler side, it sits him up too straight and is just uncomfortable looking). I hope this helps. He's 4 months old and almost 15 lbs.
Brittany Barton answered on February 13, 2013

A
votes
We used the hammock until our baby was about 14 lbs and never had any issues. We placed a wash cloth on her belly and poured warm water on it so she would stay warm. We have loved this tub. Since we removed the hammock, the small ridge has helped her from becoming submerged despite the fact that she LOVES to splash around.
calicyclist answered on February 13, 2013

A
votes
No. This tub is so versatile! It comes with a sling that is for newborns. The newborn sling is suspended over the tub, it does not touch anything and seems pretty comfortable besides being a little narrow. As baby gets bigger, they sit in the actual tub which seems really comfortable. There are two different size seats in the tub!
Blayne Levin answered on February 13, 2013

A
votes
Yes, this has a "bar" that actually keeps the baby from slipping down once the hammock is removed. If the baby is sinking in the hammock and seems too big, the hammock can be removed and the baby place directly in the tub. If the water is not too high that the baby floats above the bar, it keeps the baby from slipping. Once the baby can sit up independently, she can sit on the other side of the tub, and the bar serves the same purpose there.
msaggieamy answered on February 13, 2013

A
votes
Yes I had this problem. It was incredibly frustrating and painful for my baby. I ended up getting rid of the hammock part as soon as my baby was sitting up. My baby also slipped down in the bath as she was pretty active and would once again get the ridge in her back.
MrsH answered on February 18, 2013

A
votes
Hi, yes. While my little one was smaller we could tighten the sling and it worked great, but when he got a bit heavier we took the hammock off because his his lower back would press against the "bump" that is designed to support their legs on the infant side of the tub. But the infant side worked great.
Dianne Rodor Martini answered on February 25, 2013

A
votes
Im not sure if it's the same as the one you already ahve, but if you have a baby thats big/heavy, you can remove the hammock portion and use the tub. If you find it to be too hard for baby you can lay a towel inside. Our baby was over 9 lbs and 22 inches...We used the hammock portion for a few weeks. We started using the tub part by the time he was about 2 months old or so.
D. Cook answered on March 14, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›