Customer Discussions > Gran Turismo 5 - Playstation 3 forum

So what happens if Amazon completely failed to meet their own release date deadline?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 73 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 24, 2010 12:37:25 PM PST
JJ350 says:
Amazon guaranteed that they would meet the release date when it comes to delivery, and after checking out the shipping status for my package, it appears that Amazon has completely failed to meet their own guarantee.

Latest update: SAN PABLO, CA, US 11/24/2010 9:00 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS

Adverse weather conditions? In CA, Today? I am looking outside my window, and it is a completely clear and sunny day, one of the best days that we've had in California in a while. Adverse weather conditions my ass. Show me the weather report!

This is ridiculous and absolutely unacceptable. I am completely outraged at Amazon for this, and due to this, this WILL be the last time that I will EVER pre-order an important video game from Amazon.com. Apparently, they completely fail to meet their own guarantees when it comes to when it game will be freakin delivered.

Now I don't know when I will play this game. I have to take off for Thanksgiving, so my copy of GT5 will be sitting in front of my door for about a week, thanks to Amazon's failure to meet the release date deadline. Hopeful if won't get stolen sitting in front of my door due to Amazon's screw up.

Thanks for nothing, you piece of ****! **** you Amazon.com, **** you! I want my money back! I would have been better off pre-ordering though Best Buy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2010 12:45:33 PM PST
cb613 says:
I had the exact same thing happen to me:

STOCKTON, CA, US 11/24/2010 9:00 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS

What a joke. Is this happening to everyone in California?

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 12:51:04 PM PST
JJ350 says:
Well it's good to know what I'm not the only one that this has happened to, makes me feel a little better to know that I'm not being singled out over here.

Still, that's what I was thinking. Adverse weather conditions, in California, today? I would really like to see the weather report that show how the weather has been so bad throughout the state of CA today, that there was no way that UPS could have possibly done their jobs in such a storm.

Looking outside my window today, it's a completely clear and sunny day. Not even a single cloud in the sky. This has to be the best day we've had in weeks! WTF!

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 12:55:14 PM PST
Kevin says:
I am on the same boat with both of you. I oredered my CE back in July and had the same "ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS " excuse from UPS, from the SF area. I don't really see why, the weather is clear and beautiful, maybe UPS just wanted to take a day off before thanksgiving? Either way I am extremely pissed, and Amazon and UPS should be ashamed for their terrible service.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 1:05:14 PM PST
JJ350 says:
UPS is already a joke, there is a very good reason why businessmen all over swear by FedEx when it comes to getting important documents delivered on time. Every businessman that has shipped a document with UPS knows that it's not worth the potential loss in business and money if their document doesn't get delivered on time, which happens far too often with UPS. So they go with FedEx, because unlike UPS, FedEx will get everything delivered on time, if not early.

Still, I say that we should call down to the UPS location that our packages are at, or simply UPS themselves, and complain. Saying that they can't deliver any packages due to "adverse weather conditions" on a completely clear and sunny day is beyond unacceptable. It's straight up unethical business practicing, as well as a falsification of records.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 1:11:10 PM PST
cb613 says:
Funny thing is, I have another UPS shipment expected today (from Amazon Wireless), and that one is already out for delivery. I guess it's just the GT5 shipments that they decided to hold up.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 1:14:42 PM PST
Boresville says:
Same here.

I had initially thought it got hung up in the snow coming through the mountains from Nevada but, since it's been hanging out in Sacramento since 2:51am and they didn't delay it until 9am, I don't see how that works. While there was a temp drop last night and it's been raining on and off for the past few days, it's not even close to anything that would be considered "adverse weather conditions." I know deliveries for where I live generally go from Sacramento to the Concord hub before making their way to me and, quite frankly, it seems odd that can't still happen today considering the current weather.

I'm still awaiting a response from UPS and I'll probably hit up Amazon to see what they say if it isn't delivered today. While the 99 cents isn't a big deal to me, I'm curious to see if there's any possibility now of even getting it before Monday.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 1:18:37 PM PST
Kevin says:
someone on the other thread said "UPS sent it east instead of west and ended up at the wrong sorting facility. You in the SF Bay Area by chance? " that may have been the reason why.. But I'm not going to sit here and wait for UPS, the local gamestop said they had it in stock, so I will be picking up from them and returning the amazon CE.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 1:23:55 PM PST
cb613 says:
I'm also really tempted to just pick it up elsewhere and return the Amazon copy - but I don't think they'd refund the $15 credit I used on it. Looks like I'm stuck waiting.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 1:35:07 PM PST
G. Look says:
I'm also on the same boat here. From the Bay Area and it says adverse weather conditions. Looking out the window and the sky is sunny and clear. Best weather we've had this week.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 1:38:20 PM PST
cb613 says:
So has anyone contacted UPS? I wonder if there's a way to find out how long the delay is going to be.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 1:54:41 PM PST
S. Colocho says:
UPS is a joke. Never had an issue with FedEx. Don't know why Amazon uses UPS at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2010 1:59:42 PM PST
BlackDragon says:
I didnt know that Amazon uses different carriers. I might think what you say is ttally true because i got my copy from a FEDex guy. All people who was supposed to get ot by today via UPS is having the same problem...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2010 2:04:07 PM PST
K. Poole says:
Didn't get mine yet. I'm in Atlanta area. Been in transit to my house since 7 this morning.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2010 2:26:37 PM PST
Well I think the print on the release date delivery section of amazon says it isnt their fault if it is a weather issue:

"In the event of a missed delivery, we will refund the shipping charge. Note: this does not apply if delivery is attempted, but no one is available to accept the package.
Does not apply in the event of service interruptions or failures (including, for example, interruptions of our transportation systems or the services provided by our carriers) caused by events beyond Amazon.com's control."

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 2:58:21 PM PST
JJ350 says:
The point is that there isn't a weather issue, to say that there is a weather issue is to be straight up dishonest. The fact that UPS is calling this a weather issue is the problem, as the weather is absolutely perfect throughout California today. As I said earlier, if anything, this is simply a case of falsification of records, as they are recording non-existent issues as an excuse to get out of doing their work as it would be otherwise required, which is the textbook example of falsifying records. Falsifying records is a serious offence, somebody at UPS should be getting fired for this. Heck if this happened at the US postal service, somebody would be charged with a crime (as it is illegal for a postal worker to falsify the records of united states mail).

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 3:05:39 PM PST
I'm in California too... L.A. ...mine currently is 'out for delivery' but I wonder if that will change. If so, it's going to be sitting for 4 days at my apartment door b/c I'm taking a red eye tonight for Thanksgiving. I'll have to tell my neighbor to get it I guess. Maybe they can tell me if it's any good or not.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 3:20:13 PM PST
Adam M says:
Mine just got sent the wrong place. Usually games come from Fernley NV for me and I get them the next day in Pacfica, CA even with prime's 2-day standard. GT5 got sent east to Winnemucca, NV but at least my account says that it got routed wrong. If had had just left it at 2-day and it shipped via ONTRAC I'd probably have it :(

For those in the Bay and other parts of Cali where it's noted delayed because of weather is really a shady practice by UPS. Yeah it's cold by most residents wimpy standards.... 40's to low 50's but I got another UPS delivery from Amazon today and the driver was in shorts so...

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 3:20:16 PM PST
J. Weems says:
I didn't even get THAT excuse. Mine simply did not get shipped out of Indiana until 11:45 this morning...two states away. Explain how they can get a package across two states, on a truck and delivered in 8 hours? Impossible, and since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, it's not scheduled for TWO DAYS after my promised date. Completely unacceptable.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 3:24:52 PM PST
cb613 says:
Sounds like they really dropped the ball on this one across the country.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 3:32:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2010 3:33:47 PM PST
G. Look says:
Will contacting Amazon help at all?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2010 3:39:00 PM PST
D. Smith says:
I did, It's still supposed to show up by 7pm even though I have no tracking or confirmation. Pretty sure I got blown off though. I was also told that if it wasn't there, it would be there for sure tomorrow. I told them I was pretty doubtful of that....

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 3:40:10 PM PST
Boresville says:
Given that UPS slapped an "exception" status and "averse weather conditions" delay on my order (and I'm assuming most other Bay Area orders), I'm not sure if contacting Amazon will do much. With that said, I will definitely be contacting them anyway if it doesn't arrive today. Who knows if they'll do anything but it's worth a shot and I've had pretty good customer service experiences with Amazon in the past.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 4:02:32 PM PST
Floyd says:
I'm in San Jose and I got the same excuse "adverse weather conditions" about 30 minutes ago. seems perfectly sunny outside to me.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 4:15:58 PM PST
Miguel says:
Im in Oregon has been on on arrived to destination since 9 am but hasn't gone out for delivery WTF?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  37
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  Nov 24, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Gran Turismo 5 - Playstation 3
Gran Turismo 5 - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (585)