Customer Discussions > The Sixth Man forum

Why is the hardcover cheaper than the Kindle edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-54 of 54 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 30, 2011 7:46:48 PM PDT
J. Paliwoda says:
the pricing is set by the market - it's not a cost-plus model. The goal of any business is to cover ALL costs (including print) and to maximize profits. So, the Kindle price may not reflect the stand-alone costs of the Kindle edition. Make sense?

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2011 3:14:27 PM PDT
N. Halpern says:
Amazon explained that the puslisher sometimes sets prices and this is noted just below the pricing area next to this particular book. So, Amazon did not set the price on this one and is only getting hurt by those who are put off by the price. I'm not buying it at this price, either, but at least I am no longer as angry at Amazon. They should try to wield their considerable influence, though, since it's only hurting their sales and angering lots of folks.The Sixth Man

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2011 6:02:23 PM PDT
True, but it does cost less to do an e-book for download, vice the paper and cover etc for an actual book.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 1:27:59 PM PDT
good post
try j carson black's Laura Cardinal series. the price is right and the read is terrific. There! I did my good deed for the day.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Sixth Man forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  54
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Sixth Man
The Sixth Man by David Baldacci (Hardcover - April 19, 2011)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (856)