I can hardly read magazines on the treadmill at the gym, so how does one actually manage to work at a desk while using one???
asked by ukiyo-e on December 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Great question and the answer lies in the speed differential. Running at the gym on a treadmill makes it almost impossible to focus on reading. Walking on a treadmill at 1.2 mph is actually about a third of normal walking speed and makes reading magazines, books, computers, Kindle's etc. extremely easy.
Steve answered on December 25, 2012
Comment (1) | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As others said, it's all speed-- 2.3 mph is about the maximum at which I can still operate a mouse on my computer, for example. The intention, obviously, is not to be able to use a computer while sprinting 8mph, but to convert time normally spent sitting into time spent walking gently. That being said, walking 2.3mph for 90 minutes while playing, say, computer games, is 1) a great way to lose yourself completely, and 2) a sweat-inducing workout.
Fletcher answered on January 28, 2013
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Low speed. Large desk surface.
LovesBooks answered on January 19, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use mine at 1.0 miles per hour, just enough to barely move to aid muscle toning, avoid blood clots and varicose veins, and be productive. At the end of a few hours, I've walked five or six miles.
WayneChicago answered on February 28, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product