house is 90% hardwood. Is the DC25 all floors suitable? We just bought a house that is 90% brand new hardwood floors. My mother in law bought us a Dyson DC25 All Floors for christmas, and MY mother also bought us a vacuum that is "specialized" for hardwood, but is a canister which i hate to haul around. So I need to return one. I would love to use the Dyson, but I don't want one that will scratch my floor or be difficult in picking up large debris. Does anyone have any comments or recommendations?
asked by A. Gazzard on December 20, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
If anybody has the same question, I ended up buying the DC21 stowaway canister. it comes with a bare floor attachment like a central vac. It has all bristles on it and would never scratch the floor. I did one round through the house and it works great! I love it. It also comes with an attachment suitable for carpet, plus 3 other attachments. I would highly recommend this vacuum. If I had mostly carpets I probably would have gone with the DC25 because I hate pulling along a canister. But I'm still in love with this vacuum, and it is much smaller to store than the DC25 would be.
A. Gazzard answered on December 21, 2010
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
YES! We made the mistake of buying the DC25 Animal one but as our home is 100 % hardwood floors & tile it was WAY too much vacuum for what we needed, so we sent it back & got the DC25 Multi Floor model & it works FANTASTIC
Amazon Customer answered on May 18, 2013
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product