Customer Discussions > The People of Paper forum

Why hasn't this book been reviewed?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 20, 2006 9:53:13 PM PDT
This is a truly remarkable, original novel. It succeeds at being intellectual and heartbreaking at the same time. Yet, I've seen little about it.

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 9:37:58 PM PDT
Keith Salmon says:
It succeeds at being intellectual??? Let me quote from page 168: "Any combustion, regardless of its intensity, must ultimately extinguish. Some fires last only for the strike of the flint, while others burn for millions of years before the day of their supernova arrives, leaving only embers and cold debris." Astronomy 101: Stars aren't fueled by combustion; that's ridiculous. They're fueled by thermonuclear fusion. And they leave behind a hell of a lot more than just debris, which as a matter of fact is incredibly hot, not cold. The author should have checked his facts before publishing misinformation. Among other grammar errors, I came across "knifes" twice as well as "had became". Give me a break!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012 10:24:17 AM PST
oh, it's called literature. the author never claimed to be the authority on the lives of celestial bodies, just the authority on the people in his novel and what they feel. you shouldn't even bother reading books as brilliant as this one if you're going to meticulously scrutinize it for fallacies such as this one.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The People of Paper forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Aug 20, 2006
Latest post:  Feb 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The People of Paper
The People of Paper by Salvador Plascencia (Paperback - November 13, 2006)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (37)