Do you have to buy the camera through Amazon to use this warranty?
asked by Classic1500 on October 9, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
vote
No, you can purchase your new camera anywhere and then buy the Square Trade warranty through their website with 30 (?) days.
Edited to add: Square Trade is awesome, I literally dropped my camera (which was only 2 weeks old) into a toliet and they replaced it! I chose the amazon gift card option b/c they give you an additional 5% of the value. Bought my new camera through amazon.
S. Reinhart answered on October 10, 2012

A
votes
No. I dont think so. It will ask for your camera model while registration. So it need not be an amazon transaction.
GEEK answered on October 10, 2012

A
votes
No. You can go to www.squaretrade.com and see all sorts of warranties for new and refurbished items. Square Trade is the most recommended on Amazon, Google, etc but you don't have to buy it only on Amazon.
Cynthia A. Staggs answered on October 10, 2012

A
votes
No!
Papabillm answered on October 10, 2012

A
votes
Square Trade will insure your camera no matter where you bought it as long as it is a recorded transaction. I had my camera on the boat and it rained nd it leaked into the compartment where I thought it was safe. STrade sent me a check no questions asked after I returned the old one to them.
Rod Ruthel answered on October 10, 2012

A
votes
No. From what I read you can use the SquareTrade from a host of authorized dealers.
Jason D. Hall answered on October 11, 2012

A
votes
No, if you buy the warranty through amazon it is cheaper because they have an agreement through amazon.. but you can purchase the camera wherever you want. You can always call them to have peace of mind, they have great customer service.
FS answered on October 11, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›