I have an old JVC TV - not a flat screen. I do have a cable connection. Will I be able to use this? (I'm a techno dunce.)
asked by P. CORSIGLIA on April 6, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
This DVD player has both a hdmi connection as well as a RCA connection so you can hook it up to pretty much any tv that you might have. Just keep in mind that if you are using the RCA (red white and yellow ports) you will not be able to upscale your DVDs
Edward Basile answered on April 7, 2013
Comment (1) | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. There is an inexpensive adapter to allow the yellow/red/white cable and your cable line to attach to your cable connection on the TV. Amazon sells it under "cables and adapters" in electronics section..
Arthur Barry answered on April 7, 2013
Comments (3) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The DVD has 1 video out and 2 (L&R) audio outs that take RCA connectors- if there are matching inputs on the TV you're golden. As for the cable, you'll need a cable box. The co-ax cable will connect to the cable box then from the box to the TV. Your cable company can provide the converter box (usually a couple bucks a month rental) and cables can be found at almost any store that sells TVs. Radio Shack is usually cheaper and has a large selection of lengths in stock. All the plugs on the DVD player and TV will be labeled, just match the labels and plug a cable in. It should take 5 to 10 minutes to do. Good luck.
jack6666 answered on April 8, 2013
Comments (2) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
When you say "cable connection," do you mean coaxial cable only? If that's the only input your TV has, you won't be able to use this. I think the extra expense of this player's upscaling ability would be lost on your tv. You could get a less expensive DVD player with similar results.
Josh Hunt answered on April 7, 2013
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't have cable either. However, while I too am a techno dunce, I can only tell you it works on my TV which has a master antenna. Even though I don't need it, I still use the box that I got for digital use only because I like that it gives me more info regarding each channel. The set up seemed the same as it was with my old (not flat) screen.
Eliseo answered on April 6, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
when you say cable I'm assuming you mean coaxial cable. You don't hook DVD players up like you do VCR's. Edward Basile pretty much answered this.
Azhrei answered on December 27, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product