Customer Discussions > Modernist Cuisine at Home forum

If you have the 5-volume version should you get this. My experience.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 11, 2013 4:29:27 AM PST
hello world says:
That was my question some time back. I have the multiple volume set. I did wind up getting the At Home and I think it is a good addition. Also, when relevant it cross-references to the more detailed sections in the larger volume, which is helpful. It is not in my view a subset of the larger volume, it is mostly new (though recipes such as stock are the same) and more home cook oriented and less science and background info.

Also I picked up At Home at B&N over the holidays for $65 when they had it at 50% off. At $65 I think it was a good deal. At $103, the Amazon price at the time I write this, I still recommend it if you are inclined toward learning about "modernist" techniques.

Incidentally, I don't recall a book's price bouncing around so much. When I first saw it at Amazon it was about $140, if I recall, which was list. Then it went down a bit. Then it went up. Then B&H had it cheaper. Then B&N put it on a huge holiday sale. Now I took a look today at Amazon and it's at $103. It's like a volatile stock. Maybe you should buy options on the book instead of the book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jan 11, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Modernist Cuisine at Home
Modernist Cuisine at Home by Nathan Myhrvold (Hardcover - October 8, 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (230)