Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Entertainment Collectibles Outdoor Deals on HTL
Customer Discussions > Michael Jackson: This Is It forum

why i haven't nor will i ever get over the passing of the greatest michael jackson!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2009 2:48:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2010 8:01:48 PM PST
music man says:
i will never get over the passing of the greatest entertainer ever/great humanitarian/great person/thank you michael jackson! !!

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 4:50:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2010 7:59:59 PM PST
music man says:
when i look at mj's videos,listen to the cd's i'm still overwhelmed!! is there going to be any justice???? i've been a fan since 1970 and i've never seen anyone like mj.he was magic,his dance moves were electric,his incredible music,great person,incredible concerts,etc....!! thank you and i love you michael!

Posted on Dec 25, 2009 7:03:24 PM PST
Music man, I feel exactly the same way as you. I am still not and may never be able to get over losing Michael, I still think of him everyday. Today marks 6 months since he passed, and its supposed to be a happy day today, but I can't stop thinking about MJ. People around me don't understand why I am still grieving over Michael's death, so I'm glad to hear that there is someone else out there who feels like I do. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't enter my mind, I listen to his songs everyday, and sat down today as a way to honor him and watched a bunch of his live performences, and I started to cry again. Michael was a gift and so many people didn't appreciate him, and now he is gone, but atleast we can keep him alive in us. My 6 year old daughter loves him and his music, so he will live on forever, in us and new fans to come for here on out. Sorry about my long post, I'm kinda sad right now, so I needed to get this off my chest.

Posted on Dec 31, 2009 10:01:06 PM PST
I miss him so much!!!

Posted on Jan 2, 2010 6:29:04 AM PST
Miss Jay says:
I feel the same way. I will never forget him nor will I get over the fact that he is gone. he gave us so much joy, i am one of those fans who been traveling to see him and his concerts. I was lucky in Prag in 1996 when he opened the History Tour and got an autograph from him. The whole city was in Michael fever, everywhere were posters, t-shirts his music it was more than magic. Just to think of the fact that this will never happen again is beyond sadness. I though with the "This is it" concert series we will have finally the magic back that we've been missing for years, we couldnt wait and then this. R.I.P MIchael we will see u again you are and always been too good for this planet, good in the heart and beautiful with your spirit.We gained an angel.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2010 6:33:16 AM PST
Miss Jay says:
i agree with u. The world didnt appreciate him but as long we play his music, watch his videos and always sing his songs with joy he will never really die. We have to try doing what he wanted to do, to heal the world. Fight against global warming, support children (sick or in need).I believe he would love to see his fans do that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2010 12:58:59 PM PST
Hey everybody - I agree with everything you say. It seems so surreal; I can't believe he's gone. I grew up listening to his music in the 60s and feel like a member of my family left too soon. Miss Jay, I agree with you - we should try to keep his legacy alive by healing the world, helping children, etc. What a beautiful tribute that would be for him.

Posted on Jan 7, 2010 6:01:33 PM PST
Shilo Evans says:
I agree. He was a wonderful person and an awesome musician. There will never be anyone else like him. Every time I listen to his music I still cry. I cannot wait til "This is it" gets released. I loved it when I went to see it in the theater, but I cried like someone who had just lost their best friend. I guess in a way we all lost a great friend. I miss him so very much.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2010 8:15:52 PM PST
music man says:
hello rachel, thanks for your warm and understanding post!! mj will live forever!my nephew and sister are big fans.we are always conversing and reflecting on mj's life and what he meant to us.we really miss him alot!
there's so much to say,but what you have posted is exactly how i feel! i thank you!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2010 6:38:27 AM PST
Rachel, I read your comment and it's like I wrote it...I have cried just about every day, listen to him day in and day out, search the internet for any hurts as bad as it did 6 months, we will never get over this because it was not expected and it ended so tragically and we still need more information on what to you!

Posted on Jan 9, 2010 8:02:41 AM PST
Hello friends,
Since June 25th, I have cried everyday, and said to myself, "I'll never get over Michael leaving this earth and I just can't believe that he's gone." I'm numb and I'm in shock. The world is in shock. I have spoken to many people worldwide on some of the many forums, who feel the same way. I conclude that this is a world phenonenom. I can't explain it, it just is this way. I believe that Michael is at work, matching people as friends all over the world to support one another, and continue doing Michael's work. How else can we explain people meeting this way, and loving each other, and the earth, who would never otherwise speak or know each other, from all over the world? Michael was so powerful on earth, imagine his power from heaven? I believe a greater force is at work here than us.

I know that Michael is safe now, in God's care. So often I have to remind myself of this, it is my only consolation. I feel selfish for still wanting Michael here on earth knowing how he suffered and was persecuted. Michael was stronger than everyone and I'm so proud of him, the person that he was, and the legacy that is his. I'll never fully forgive anyone who slandered or mistreated him because I see the mistreatment of Michael as mistreatment of me. Forgiveness is a word that people use to alleviate one person's mental anguish, the anguish of the person who did harm. For me, forgiveness comes from the heart, not the mind. It is an emotion that is released, not words that are said. A person can say that they forgive someone, and the wrong doer is immediately released and in the clear mentally when they hear those words. However, unless the person who was harmed truly forgives the wrong doer, and releases the hurt from their heart, the hurt can be carried for a lifetime, even after mere words of forgiveness are spoken.

I refuse to believe that good cannot prevail in this world. Michael proved that this is so by the way he lived his life everyday. Michael was the most dignified person to ever walk the earth in my lifetime. There is a void in my life, and in the world, the size of the solar system since Michael left this earth. I miss him every moment that passes. I'm seeing the world in a kind of sepia since June 25th. I don't know if my view of this world will ever return to the vivid color that I once saw while Michael was on earth.

I decided that the only way to manage my sorrow today forward is to get to work helping the earth and it's inhabitants, in Michael's honor. I have always been a very sensitive person, and I see need everywhere, when others don't, or they pretend that they don't see it. So I made some calls, and now I volunteer even more than before. When registering to volunteer I stated the reason for my call was inspiration from Michael Jackson. I want Michael to be proud. I know that he is watching, I'm sure he is. Love is the only thing that lasts in this world, and Michael left his love here with us. I believe that the only resource that we need to continue Michael's work is right here within us, and it is love. Each of who loves Michael over-flowingly has enough love to keep some, and give some away. We will never run out. Kindness is not weakness. Sensitivity is not weakness. It takes a very strong person to take care of one's own needs and take care of the needs of others at the same time. I believe we recognize this appointment from God, and Michael, and we are acting on it. Each one of us acts in our own way.

I know that I will miss Michael every day of my remaining days on earth. I'm 41 now. I'm still so young at heart as that 12 or 13 year old girl who I was in the infancy of MTV, when I met Michael through his music. Maybe she is who I also mourn when I think of losing Michael. I'm grateful that God allowed me to live most of my life with Michael on earth. I'm not sure how I'll manage emotionally every day without Michael, but I know that I don't have a choice except to be strong, and carry on Michael's work. We can all do this together. Michael has brought us together. At times I wish that he could be here physically to share in the friendship. Then I remember that Michael's relationship with us is eternal, and this will outlast any physical encounter on earth. Maybe one day my sorrow will ease, and I'll see this more clearly. Who can know these things? I'm taking this day by day, working toward the grand scheme, based in faith that it will be revealed to me. I hope that each of feel consolation when you need it, as well, from the friendship felt all around the world, inspired by Michael.

Michael, my eternal friend, I love you. Thank you to all my new friends as well, I love you!

Posted on Jan 9, 2010 6:17:41 PM PST
Dialdancer says:

I just wanted to add that this feeling is worldwide. It doesn't seem to have a color, sex, social or economic background.
People are just feeling MJ and still finding it difficult to believe he's gone. I wake up each day and have a need to
check and see if it has all been a very bad dream.

He left us his music and message, so now it is up to us to continue his work.

May he always rest in the arms of the One who loves us best,

Posted on Jan 12, 2010 7:01:15 PM PST
Carol says:
It gives me a sense of relief to know that i'm not the only one who misses Michael.No one around me understands the love i had for him and just do not care.I honestly feel like part of me died on June 25th and i just do not look at life the same way i used to before that fateful day.I miss him so much and find myself crying uncontrollably when i watch him.The other day i was watching the best performances of the World Music Awards and they saved the best for last as they showed when he appeared in 2006 and sang We Are The World with a group of kids.I cried myself to sleep and kept telling myself i know there are millions of other fans out there who feel exactly the same as i do.Let us never forget him and always keep him with us in all that we do.Rest in Peace our beloved King.We love and miss you terribly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2010 9:49:55 PM PST
Hi Carol, hi everyone
You are not alone. Millions of people feel the way that you do, we do, and they have said so on forums, from all over the world. After all, Michael was the most famous man on earth, and he remains the most loved. People from all walks of life, people who don't even speak English, or those in some countries who can't even afford to own Michael's music have said they love Michael overflowingly, as we do. Love of Michael is universal. It know no borders or boundaries. Michael loved everyone. Michael's love remains here with us. It will never die. It is true we keep it alive by sharing it.

Please feel free to contact me, if you wish, for friendship. I would like to recommend some forums where I found new friends, and comfort. No judgement, just acceptance. I completely understand these times of emotional mania, for lack of a better word. I have cried everyday since Michael died. The one thing that has helped me tremendously is friendship with others who understand and feel the same. Many nights since early last summer through today in the cold nights of winter I have gone outside and literally gulped air in an effort to regain my composure and think clearly. The emotion can be overwhelming, especially if you don't have someone to talk to about it. No one around me understands either, not even my identical twin sister. I'm certain that my life has changed, and the lives of countless others worldwide have changed since June 25th. Yet many lives around us remain the same. Some people appear to be "living happily ever after", totally oblivious and unaffected by the magnitude of what happened on that fateful day. My grief and my love for Michael have grown stronger over time. I can't imagine what it is like to be them, so cold so artificial. Nothing like us. We can start our own support system. Anyone, please feel free to go to my profile, or share yours with me if you wish. Thank you.

Jacqui Minarick, Divinity In Motion

Posted on Jan 14, 2010 2:06:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2010 2:12:22 AM PST
Suze says:
It's been 6 months since he passed, I still think about him. It's like my youth died when he passed. I just turned 50 so maybe that has something to do with my unusual reaction to his death. I was a fan off and on of MJ's for 40 years. I really miss the 80's it was a magical time when MJ was a huge star. Also music in general was so much better back then. Still watch his videos and listen to his music. No one else sings or dances like he did. One other thing I was reading RS magazine online and out of the 100 Greatest Singers of all time they listed MJ as number 25. This is absurd. They listed Bob Dylan as a better singer than MJ. There is no way Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney and John Lennon were better singers than MJ. He should be in the top 5 in my opinion. Also as a child singer he is definitely #1. There is no debate. No other child before or since MJ could sing like that kid could sing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2010 3:06:52 PM PST
Susie, yes, I feel the same way, as if a part of my youth died with him (I'm 54). I agree, Bob Dylan cannot sing at all, IMHO! Michael should be number one, for sure!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2010 6:33:26 PM PST
Carol says:
Thank you Jacqui for those wonderful words of comfort.This is the only way the fans can deal with this loss by being each others' support system.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2010 8:14:26 PM PST
Oh Carol, you are most welcome, anytime. The amazing thing about Michael's love is how very deep it is, and how much there is, enough for everyone. I only hope that I can do more, like what has been done for me and how I have been helped through my ongoing painful sorrow by others who feel the same. We are all one with Michael, and though it is very lonely right now on earth without Michael, we have each other until we meet Michael in heaven and enjoy eternal friendship.

Posted on Jan 20, 2010 11:49:33 AM PST
E. Burgess says:
So glad I found this community. I cry everday and miss Michael everyday. I'm not getting over it like some people think I should be. It is painful as an earlier post stated to wake up everyday to the reminder that Michael is no longer here with us and the way he left us. Will America come to terms and do the right thing here is another of my concerns. They still won't get it right continually trying to say he was a drug addict when the toxocology showed his system was clean other than the drugs Dr. Murray administered. Michael suffered so much at the hands of the press and others, he was so strong so I know he was sent by God for a unique purpose that he did remarkably well. Imagine you just have a beautiful gift you want to give and then you are crucified for giving the most wonderful loving gift there is. Makes my head spin and my eyes water. Michael Joseph Jackson you are truly loved and miss and I pray to meet you on the other side. All for the love - L.O.V.E.

Posted on Jan 20, 2010 11:33:38 PM PST
Cornhusker says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 21, 2010 6:54:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2010 6:55:53 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2010 8:56:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2010 9:14:31 PM PST
I had to put down my Guinness Book of World Records and stop reading about Michael's Lifetime Achievement Awards For Music and The Most Humanitarian Contributions for a moment to answer this opinion, and it is an opinion at best, I realize. Perhaps you mistakenly logged onto the wrong forum because this is a tribute to Michael to show respect for his legacy and nothing else. That guy that you mention, Bob what's his name? Maybe there is a forum for him somewhere. I wouldn't look for it because I was never able to make out more than a few words of any Dylan songs, much less lyrics. Slurring words and being inaudible isn't art to me. I prefer genius and that is who Michael is. Michael is the most famous man in the world and people do miss him universally for the man that he was, then the artist. Michael is free of any slander now and earthly jealousy cannot harm him. Michael's legacy is carved in history. There is probably someone in need nearby you who you could better help rather than spend time trying to tarnish Michael's legacy. The world needs healing, not harming, and that is Michael's most important message. I suggest you play Man In The Mirror and listen to the words of a great singer as you look in the mirror.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2010 2:35:54 PM PST
Carol says:
I couldn't have put it better myself.This is a forum for Michael's adoring fans and not the haters.If they have nothing good to say they shouldn't log on .

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2010 5:03:17 PM PST
I would like to know if anyone has come across the two disc special edition of This Is It, that is available on amazonUK? The Special Edition review says it has nearly two additional hours of footage not shown in theaters of Michael's dancers and musicians. I have searched but I haven't seen it on amazonUS. I will be outraged if once again Michael's work is withheld from the United States. Am I jumping to conclusions? I have had to go to international amazon sites and other sites for Michael's remixes and maxi-cds because I couldn't find them in the US. If they were available from US Sellers, and I mean if, they were greatly over-priced compared to international sellers.

Most important I would like to turn the conversation back to honoring Michael before we were so rudely interrupted. I wonder has anyone made a resolution for Michael? I gave this a lot of thought and I decided to make some changes after looking in the mirror. Part 1 of my environmental resolution for Michael is to not bring one store's plastic bag home with me for the entire year. Since New Year's day I have faithfully used cloth and various material bags only. It was tricky at first but I'm so used to it now and coordinated, that it's very simple. Even though stores collect their plastic bags and they claim to recycle them, far too many don't make it there and end up littering the roadsides and they even get caught in tree limbs around my town, when they blow through the air. This is a really sad sight so I don't want to contribute to it in any way. I think the flimsy store bags are a huge waste of resources.

Part 2 of my environmental resolution is to buy an aluminum push mower this summer and not use my gas lawn mower. This will greatly reduce noise pollution and exhaust pollution on my property. The wild rabbits eat the grass that I mow and this will be safer for them and all other wildlife. I won't have to buy gas and store the can either. I'll be able to mow the grass as early as I want on any given day. Plus I will get more excercise.

My humanitarian resolution was to join Big Brothers/Big Sisters because I had always thought about it but it wasn't until I read a tribute magazine about Michael and learned that this organization was one of the 39 charities that Michael supported. Reading that was the inspiration for my finally making the call and joining. Michael is so right, children are the future. I also signed up to be a tutor for my local literacy council where I can teach someone to read. There is a waiting list of students there in need of a tutor to learn to read, study to get their GED, or learn the English language because they are new to the US. I want all people to be able to read Michael's legacy through his precisely communicated world renowned speeches. And I want them to be able to read the works of Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King, Jr., Mahatma Gandhi, Desmond Tutu, and all others of Michael's stature, in addition to improving their everyday life overall.

Each one of is honoring Michael in our own way, in any number of ways and I would love to know your way. Some days honoring Michael is as simple as just showing kindness to strangers in the form of courtesey or a smile. Michael is the most inspirational and motivational human being of my lifetime. I was captivated by Michael's environmental message when I saw This Is It. I can't forget it. And we all know about Michael's worldwide humanitarian outreach. I want Michael to know that he left the world in good hands, our hands. I want to make Michael proud. It's nearly impossible to fully chronicle Michael's decades of travel to world locations in need, his financial generosity, and his outpouring of love to all people of the world. One man, Michael, did all this. It will take millions of people all over the world, united, to continue Michael's work. Yet he did these things alone, every day. Michael is remembered in the highest regard, and I, and millions of others recognize and admire the way he lived a most dignified life, which is a tribute to his character. Michael never waivered and when he was attacked he fought even harder to educate the world's population in the belief that good can prevail in this world. Michael did prevail. He defeated jealousy and ignorance.

I'm so grateful to have lived the first 40 years of my life with Michael on this earth. How I will cope with the magnitude of this greatest loss, the loss of Michael on earth, remains a mystery that I will have to solve day by day. Using Michael's words, I ask God and Michael in heaven, to help me make this mystery unfold.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2010 1:00:24 PM PST
Carol says:
Hi Jacqui i just wanted to let you know that yesterday i saw the commercial advertising the 2 disc set of This Is It that will be available for a limited edition at Walmart on Tuesday.I will definitely be there and i hope to get one and i wish the same for you.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 1, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions