Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST50 55-Inch 1080p 600Hz Full HD 3D Plasma TV (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $1,100.00
What cables will I need? I'm having this TV delivered this weekend, and was wondering if I needed any cables separate from what the TV comes with.
asked by Franklin Chu on January 11, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Without knowing what you want to hook up, it's nearly impossible to say. However, the only cables that came with this TV were the little "pigtail" adapter for Component / Composite video, and the power cord. Anything else you need won't be included.
Huxley answered on January 11, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought 2 HDMI cables. 1 for the BluRay player and 1 for my HiDef Cable box. I don't have any audio components to hook up so I didn't buy anything else. Mine came with the power cable only. Hope it helps.
C. L. Taylor answered on January 11, 2013

A
You will need an HDMI cable. If you want remote audio you may need a optical audio cable.
PT answered on January 11, 2013

A
The only cables that come in the box are the power cord and a small adapter for the component video (R/B/G). I have an HDMI cord to bring HD video and sound from the HD Cable box and component video cord from an old DVD player. If you want to use an outside audio system, then you will need an digital optical audio out. Be careful with that one, though. My port on the TV broke with a very mild, inadvertent tug on the cord. The built-in speakers are pretty good though. If you will have the TV near to your internet access, then you might want an ethernet cord. The TV does have Wi-Fi, but mine did not work right out of the box. I had to use the ethernet cord to hard-wire it to download a software update to the TV. Then the wi-fi worked. Since then, it has been perfect. It is a great unit. I'm sure that you will enjoy it. Be aware, the earlier note is wrong: it does not come with an HDMI cord.
busymom answered on January 11, 2013

A
Sorry, I can't answer your question because we had ours installed on the wall by a professional. I believe, however, that if you are just hooking it up without a lot of connections (DVD or cable/satellite dish) you will find that it comes with an HDMI cable.
Debbie answered on January 11, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›