Panasonic Professional AG-HMC40 AVCHD Camcorder with 10.6 MP Still and 12x Optical Zoom
Used & New from: $1,040.01
i'm having pixelation issues after I make a DVD. Any solutions?
asked by holymac on January 18, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
vote
My guess its something called "over compression", which can happen in a few places in the process of burning a DVD. The first place that over compression can happen is when your video is directly exported from the video editor. I do not know what type of software you are using, but most editors use MPEG-2 compression as an export to then burn onto a DVD. If you are using a different compression format then your over pixelation could be occurring before your video even hits the DVD burner for its compression. I might suggest that you track down the original movie file that is compressed before it hits your DVD burner and see what it looks like before continuing (it should be a file somewhere on your computer that you can play). The second problem of over compression could be occurring at the DVD level. If you are trying to cram lets say two or more hours of video onto a single layer DVD, then it could be super over compressing in order to fit it onto the disk, causing the pixelation problems that you are having. So.. check your initial compressed video before it hits the DVD to be burned and check to see if its pixelated.... if its OK then more than likely its being over compressed at the DVD compression stage. PS: If you are already starting out with some type of crappy compressed file as your original footage, then compressing it again twice to get it onto a DVD disk could also cause pixelation... good luck.
Mindtek answered on January 18, 2013

A
votes
like "mindtek" said, we need more info about what you did.In my case I set up the camcorder to record in "PH 1080/60i and i never change that. when i transfer the files to the computer the frame is in 1920x1080 size ,then, when i edit them on sony vegas pro 9, when rendering first I do it on "video for windows(avi)and at the bottom i pick "Hd 1080-24P YUV" and that gives me no problem but then it gets compressed on the dvd that I use which is a dual layer and that one automatically reduces the resolution to 720p, but I don't have any problem with pixals or blurred image,if i burn the dvd with those settings and wanted to keep the high resolution then i use a blu ray dvd.
and again, you have to keep 3 things in mind: don't set the recording on a low resolution, b) don't render the video on a small video frame, c) depending on the dvd type you are using, it might be resizing your video frame too.
Lucy Lopez answered on January 18, 2013

A
vote
That usually has to do with the process you used to make your DVD, the settings used, what software you used etc. I'll need more information and details. There is tons of advice on authoring DVD's on forums like DvInfo.net and Camcorderuser.net. DvInfo devotes a whole sub-forum to the HMC Series camcorders. Give it a try. You could get a lot of general answers but for specifics you'll need to dial this all down to your NLE and DVD authoring program. Good Luck.
Tom D. answered on January 18, 2013

A
vote
You'll need to tell me what software, hardware, versions you are using etc. As well as all software settings and quality of source material etc.
Vincent Del Vecchio answered on January 18, 2013

A
vote
If you are using large files then you are reducing your film quality a lot going to dvd format. Dvds have 4.5 gigs of space on them (unless they are dual layer dvd9 which have 8.5). Check to see if your authoring software is compressing the video to make it fit on the dvd. If it is you will need to go to your original editing software and lower the resolution of your project.
Nicholas H. Schreck answered on January 18, 2013

A
votes
Try Dvinfo.net or Camcorderuser.net. There is a guy very experienced with Pinnacle that frequents both of those sites. Remember these sites or viewed by thousands of people but in most cases only a handful of people are regulars at helping people. Also, take the time to read their extensive thread archive as most answers are already there.

i
Tom D. answered on January 21, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›