I am having a problem with the camera. Whom do I contact re warranty?
asked by ATRacing on March 5, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
vote
You should contact Nikon directly at 1-800-645-6687. If you are still within the warranty period then they should be able to help you for free. Otherwise you'll have to pay for repair. My suggestion would be to try and get a refund and by a different camera if you can. This one is more trouble than its worth.
Baseball FanKC answered on March 5, 2013

A
votes
My take is I would contact Amazon for the first 30 days after that , I would contact Nikon directly

I am sure Amazon has a LEMON LAW for items (that may be returned to them or basically LEMON from the manufacture)
Sammy K. Chin answered on March 5, 2013

A
votes
I can't find my warranty info but try calling 1-800-645-6689 for customers in US.
Drylbits answered on March 5, 2013

A
votes
You will need to contact Nikon if it is still under warranty. They will repair your camera but if you have the same experience I did waiting on a part, that repair can take several months. Don't expect them to send you a replacement. The AW100 cured me of wanting another Nikon anything. It is a very trouble prone camera.
DR answered on March 6, 2013

A
votes
Hi Andrea - If it is within the warrenty period (one year from purchase) - there is a yellow color warranty paper that came with the camera. You have to send the camera with that warranty paper to Nikon - The address you send it to is listed on the paper but I found out on-line that it was slightly different. The key is they won't accept it if you don't have the original warranty paper. I mailed mine in and they sent me an email acknowledging receipt and then just mailed the fixed camera back to me in about a month. Hope this helps.
KS answered on March 6, 2013

A
votes
Hi Andrea - if your camera is within the 1 year warranty - there is a yellow warranty form that came with the camera. You have to submit that original paper with the camera to NIKON center. There is an address on the warranty form but I found a different address on line and submitted it to that since internet is probably more up to date. NIKON sent me an email when they received the camera and then sent the fixed camera back to me in about a month with another yellow warranty form (in case it breaks again within the year). However - if you don't have that form - don't know if they will fix it free of charge even if it is within the warranty. Hope this helps.
KS answered on March 6, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›