Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Madden NFL 10 - Xbox 360 forum

so i hear 2010 is the last year of madden....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 20, 2009 5:03:18 PM PDT
Troy1201 says:
any truth to that?

Posted on May 20, 2009 8:49:34 PM PDT
Why on Earth would that be true?

Posted on Jun 29, 2009 5:22:46 PM PDT
Jason Lee says:
Considering Madden is made by EA...

I'll let you answer yourself.

Posted on Jul 6, 2009 9:07:58 AM PDT
R. Conover says:
The game proper will continue, but I think it will be renamed...

... to Joe Montana Sports Talk Football 2011.

Posted on Jul 12, 2009 9:48:58 PM PDT
No says:
If they let 2k back in then 2010 will be the last year

Posted on Jul 13, 2009 1:53:05 PM PDT
Jaysonguy says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2009 5:56:35 AM PDT
Actually I did read that John Madden "retiring" does has some kind of effect on using his name and likeness even for this game. Much like EA can't use the name and likeness of retired players.

Posted on Jul 19, 2009 11:58:19 AM PDT
Jaysonguy says:
No, that is not the case

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2009 10:57:26 PM PDT
No says:
All pro was a very bad game, but its not about the quality of game. Its about money and Madden coughed it up because they were scared of a little 20 dollar game.And What are you talking about John Madden putting time into the game? He goes into the studio for 15 minutes, records a couple lines and slaps his name on it.
Ea has been improving the game though, I only rented 05-08 and actually picked up 09.
that was 5 years ago anyway and 2010 looks good with the post game and online franchise.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2009 7:43:32 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 26, 2009 7:45:33 PM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
There are actually fools that are tied to that all pro game like its somethig great there on the 2k site they think that game is gold, talk about ignorance. that's how much they hate madden theyll play that garbage and keep their blinders on.

Posted on Aug 4, 2009 12:11:17 AM PDT
W. Guan says:
I heard rumors dating back to last year that this might be the last time it's actually gonna be called "Madden" but I've yet to hear any real concrete evidence that it is so. I wonder when he dies are they gonna still use his name?

And why so much hate on NFL 2k games? As i recall the last proper NFL 2k game (2k5) was reviewed better than madden that year and was $19.99 (what a treat that was). I understand people have different tastes and all but c'mon 2k5 was not a terrible game. I just hope none of you guys are biased enough to also believe that NBA Live is better than NBA 2k.

Give a game some credit, i mean i give it up to EA for Skate. Skate was a way better game than Tony Hawk, and I used to love the Tony Hawk series.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2009 2:09:53 PM PDT
There was a rumer going around a few months ago that they would be dropping the Madden title. EA responded to the gamer press that it wasn't the case.

Posted on Aug 19, 2009 5:44:21 PM PDT
M. Sherwin says:
Here is where you Madden morons really take the cake.

1. The NFL sold the license to the highest bidder, they could care less who it was
2. 2K was light years better than madden at a third of the cost, there are about 20 features from 2k that EA Sports is STILL is too lazy to implement
3. Competition is good. Madden was forced to at least pretend they werent selling "roster update 200X"
You see the 2k series actually got better each year and added features like highlight shows, draft recaps, GANG TACKLING (in 05)post game interviews that kinda of made playing the game fun rather than listening to Chris Collinsworth make the same 5 broad generalaztions every 5 minutes. Its 2009 and the announcers in Madden cant even say the players name running the ball half the time "hand off to the fullback"
4. The players in Madden to this day still run like robots.

Hey if you are dumb enough to shell out $60 for Madden every year while they put out basically the same game with one minor detail changed, have a blast. As long as you idiots buy it every year and there is no competetion, EA can put out the same steaming pile of dog crap every year and laugh all the way to the bank.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2009 4:29:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2009 4:33:26 AM PDT
Yeah Jaysonguy, the NFL backed Madden because they wanted the best game possible. It had nothing at all to do with the hundreds of millions of dollars that were exchanged. They just wanted exclusivity solely for quality control purposes. Do you honestly believe that John Madden devoted any worthwhile time to this franchise and that this will increase after his retirement?? You are clearly misguided and delusional

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 2:05:59 PM PDT
iHyphy says:
although i like Madden better, i have to agree with M. Sherwin...i have never bought a madden game at all, or any sports game for that matter..i have only borrowed some from friends...but, i would never shell out $60 a year for the same recycled football game with a minor change each year (that i do agree with) i love football to death but i can't see a reason to keep buyin the same game over and over each year, they should make one solid football game and release updates and dlc's each year etc

Posted on Oct 5, 2009 8:11:37 PM PDT
Wow. Well I loved 2k5, I also love Madden football. each game has thier strengthes and weaknesses. Maden by far has had the best franchise mode, till this year when they gutted it, it's actualy on par with most 2k series. 2k's presentation was crisper and far more polished as well as the comentary was great, heck even after months of playing the game you would hear something totaly new.

2k tho at times felt arcaidish, madden feels too robotic at times.

2k games the running back would actualy push the oline, or swim across till he had an opening, in madden he just hits the oline and gets stuck or falls down.

2k games did not help during signing new players, the game would let you go over your CAP, where as Madden will not.

2k had the best game at the time, But EA had the name...and the money, perhaps if 2k games didn't sell the game for 20 bucks they would have had more bargaining chips, but than again the price probably induced a better rating for the game across the board.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  May 20, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 5, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Madden NFL 10 - Xbox 360
Madden NFL 10 - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
3.7 out of 5 stars (162)