Is it top heavy? If you use it on your lap does it tip over easy?
asked by M. Farrell on January 20, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
Sits well on desktop or hard surface. My wife uses it on her lap routinely. In my opinion well balanced.
Mark A Smith answered on January 20, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have not had that problem when I use it a table. In my lap, it is stable as anything else.
gt surber answered on January 20, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not at all. It feels very natural like you would expect from your laptop. I use it work and frequently type on my lap for hours with it. Good luck.
Jeffrey T. Bash answered on January 20, 2013

A
A little top heavy, but not enough to tip over when it's on your lap. The keyboard slot is close enough to the center to keep it from tipping.
W. Antoku answered on January 20, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No it doesn't tip over on my lap. I think it is balanced based on the angle of the iPad and the placement of the magnetic strip. if you tip it too far forward the iPad will tip towards you. That has only happened when I'm using my lap tray with an added pillow tilting it forward while laying down in bed.
Mom2OneKS answered on January 20, 2013

A
It is top heavy but i have tried putting it on my lap it so far haven't tilt yet. But if a guy were using it on the lap you will face difficulty because we are big size unlike woman.
Suffiandi answered on January 20, 2013

A
No, it is very stable both in landscape and portrait. In landscape the iPad magnetically attaches to the keyboard so you can pick both up as a unit. In portrait there is no mechanical connection, but the iPad is quite secure working at a desk or conference table.
Ken Ray answered on January 21, 2013

A
No, it does not seem top heavy at all - I've never seen it actually tip over during use.
Jimmy Hoffa answered on January 20, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is not top heavy, and it does not tip over.
Peruga, Armando answered on January 21, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The top definately makes the ipad heavier but for me it is totally worth it. It doesnt tip over easily when you use the correct side (i.e. magnetic side with the keyboard) but you have to be careful not to use the other side cuz it does tip over then.
Beatriz Andersen answered on January 21, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›