Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Final Fantasy X forum

help, ffvii or ffx

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 12, 2011 8:21:50 PM PDT
M. King says:
I am fairly new to the series and never played 7 before but all my friends and everybody says its the best game they have ever played. I have bought FFX but the store ripped me off and within the first cutscene it would freeze every time i put it in. None of my friends have 7 anymore and the only place to buy X is the store that ripped me off haha. But, 7 is for sale at a local shop for $30 bucks and looks to be brand new "well its in mint". But its just that the people that work there are extreme weirdos and drugged up like crazy. So which one should i buy from where? Oh and the one at the store in my town is hits version.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2011 3:15:02 PM PDT
yunabesaid says:
I have not played FFVII, but FFX is the MOST AWESOME game I have ever played. My brother and I played it through twice, and the story was so great that I taped all the cutscenes and made a movie out of it. The movie was nine hours long, and the game took us 200 hours. I HIGHLY suggest getting FFX, and if you dont have a reliable seller in your area, I suggest buying it off amazon. Thats what I did. I also highly suggest the strategy guide, but DO NOT read ahead in the walk-through! It is a total spoiler. I have friends who say that FFVII is better than FFX, so maybe you should buy them both. (Off Amazon)

Posted on Sep 11, 2011 3:38:09 PM PDT
M. King says:
Alright thanks, what did you use to capture the cutscenes? I wanna do that on FF13 and 13-2 when it comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2011 7:53:29 AM PDT
yunabesaid says:
I just used a flip video camera on a tripod stand. It loses a lot of the graphic quality, but I could never figure out how to capture it right off the screen-like have a wire that hooks the TV to my computer, and then somehow it records whats going on on the TV screen. If any one knows how to do that, please tell!:)
Oh, and by the way, the walkthrough that I used was written by Dan Birlew and in the BradyGames series.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 4:53:40 PM PDT
A lot of the FFx discs have the error with the cutscene when you play them in the newer ps2s (just fyi) i have one copy that does it and another that doesnt. there's nothing wrong with either, its some kind of glitch with the newer slim ps2s.
as far as FF7 goes- i think its the best, and $30 is a pretty good price for it at this point- it's a classic. I wouldn't avoid that store just because the ffx disc issue.

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 11:55:14 AM PDT
Honestly, those are the best two games in the series. I think FFX is a lot easier to get into for awhile, so I'd recommend playing X.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:23:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 1:25:42 PM PST
envirion says:
If you're looking for *intense convoluted storyline* and LOTS of grinding and don't care about graphics and are ok with no voiced characters - FF7.
If you're looking for *predicitable storyline but oh a TWIST!* and a little less grinding (though still lots) and care about graphics and are ok with (relatively) poor-mediocre voice acting - FFX

There's probably a reason your friends don't have 7 anymore. A lot of it is nostalgia filter. I've yet to meet/read about a recent-new-to-FF-but-played-a-few fan whose favorite is 7 (not including the spin offs) but that just might be my experience. It's the same with people whose first FF was pre-7. They tend to like 4 or 6.

Oh, also consider the mini games:
FF7 - Chocobo breeding/racing - also helps with traveling in overworld
FFX - blitzball - only gives gil, sometimes items I think. It's been a while.

Oh, you might also consider the spin offs if that's important to you:
FF7 - Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, the movie Advent Children.
FFX - FFX-2 (which was a joke of a game tbh) + very small tie-in w/ 7 due to kid named Shinra in FFX-2

You should have an idea of which game you'd prefer. Just throwing what I know so you can feel informed about your decision. Hope it helps.

-edit-
Derp. Didn't check the datestamp. Oops. Well, maybe it'll help some lurker passer-bys.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Final Fantasy X forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jul 12, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X by Square Enix (PlayStation2)
4.4 out of 5 stars (1,802)