Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 14, 2007 12:27:30 AM PDT
M. BROWN says:
For me, it has confirmed my thoughts. It has affirmed what I believe and stand up for. It has moved me and inspired me. It has not opened my eyes as I already was living in it's word. But I am so glad there are real people out there working to make a difference. A good difference and a necessary difference.

But does it, or should it stop there? Are you moved and inspired, confirmed or awaken? Will you take action? How and in what form? Or might you just return to your life and your duties with no or little change. I want to hear from REAL people out there. What will you do?

Me? I am fighting my battle for children and education the way I know how and through my means. As a child, I was given phenomenal opportunities by my family and my teachers despite all sorts of labeled learning disabilities. I am here to make a difference too. I will read more about the Freedom Writers Foundation and see how I can be involved. What is your fight? What is your battle?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2007 12:07:44 AM PDT
Vecha Keason says:
I am a 12th grader and about to graduate in a little over a month. My 8th grade teacher read this book to our class and has us write journal entries much in the same way as Ms. G. We even called her Ms. P, short for Piety.

Sadly, I moved my 9th grade year and since then have lost touch with her, and a majority of the friends I made.

However; either from what I experienced from hearing the stories of how one teacher changed so many lives or from Ms. P herself, or a combination of the two, which I believe to be the answer, I will become a teacher myself.

I wish to try and make an impact, to try and change. As I see the trouble with the school system in the best possible way: I was a student.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Apr 14, 2007
Latest post:  Apr 18, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions