Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2007 5:16:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 21, 2009 9:45:56 PM PDT
How many people would like to see a cookbook that eliminates all triggers?

4/18/09: Anyone who would like recipes that follow Dr. David Buchholz's diet, visit migrainefreecooking.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2007 12:10:17 AM PST
I sure would!! I've been looking for a cookbook like this for several years now. I'm frustrated with the so-called migraine-prevention cookbooks which eliminate only some or most of the triggers. I need a cookbook filled with recipes which have NONE of the triggers in Dr. Buchholz's list.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2007 6:22:00 AM PST
I'm glad I'm not the only one looking. I've been searching for over a year and have not found one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2008 2:03:53 PM PST
R. Carey says:
I would also love to find a cookbook like this. I think I have all of the food triggers he mentions and while I've been successful in lessening my headaches, I feel I need more variety in my diet. I can share with you the places that I found useful to shop and foods that I've grown accustomed to cooking and how. I'd love to know what other people make/ eat.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2008 7:16:59 PM PST
I'd sure love to see one! I started a yahoo group for this very reason - to get discussion going about what we can actually eat on 'The Migraine Diet." To share recipes, ideas for broth substitutions, and so on. The name of the group is themigrainediet@yahoogroups.com. I imagine if gazillions of people join it (so far it's just me), Dr. Buchholz might get the idea a cookbook would be a hot seller!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2008 9:19:54 AM PST
To respond to both of you, sounds like a good idea. I'll be sure to visit the website. Thanks for replying.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2008 8:57:20 PM PDT
I've been making my own--reading through my cookbooks, finding recipes that fit or only have 1 or 2 of the triggers and I try out substitutes. Been entering them in my Palm so I have them at the grocery store. I don't think this forum lets you do attachments though. I could put in one at a time if you have a request. (No shellfish though-- I'm allergic, and I don't eat potatoes, rice or much corn).

Oh wait, does it violate copyright to share recipes from various sources? I mostly look in Low Carb, Diabetic, and Heart Healthy type mags because they emphasize fresh ingredients and give nutrition counts. (I swore a few years ago after the umpteenth time a food switched from healthy to unhealthy to healthy that I'd never buy a recipe book without it having the nutrition info so I could evaluate it when stuff changed in value one more time!) I just sub in distilled vinegar for any other type, leeks or spring onions for white ones. ricotta cheese for similar textures.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2008 11:17:51 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 15, 2009 8:13:28 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 17, 2009 7:43:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 21, 2009 9:46:33 PM PDT
For anyone who would like recipes that follow Dr. David Buchholz's diet, visit www.migrainefreecooking.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2009 2:36:28 AM PDT
Wonderful! I will try your recipes and look forward to your cookbook. Thank you, Heidi!

Posted on Apr 19, 2009 1:29:13 PM PDT
Thank you, Ferrin.

Posted on May 9, 2010 4:41:26 AM PDT
Fly By Light says:
Heidi is an angel. I've created a blog that helps beginning cooks know where to start. I knew little about cooking when my wife went on the diet and have immersed myself in cooking to get past that. I created a blog for others finding themselves in my position:

http://migrainecooking.blogspot.com/

Hopefully it will save some people a bit of the pain I had getting started. It does not replace Heidi's work - there are links to recipes, but a lot of my blog is about techniques that can be used to get started and eventually improvise.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2007
Latest post:  May 9, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Heal Your Headache
Heal Your Headache by David Buchholz (Paperback - August 12, 2002)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (567)