Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

post here if you have lost 4 to 9 lbs every week for at least 3 weeks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 3, 2010 1:46:55 PM PST
Book Lover says:
Jorge Cruise claims you should lose 4 to 9 lbs EVERY WEEK on this diet. If you have lost in this range for at least 3 weeks in a row, please post here so those who are interested in trying this plan can see how well it really works.

Posted on Jan 4, 2010 4:00:41 PM PST
Dieter says:
Sorry Book Lover I just want to comment. I haven't lost 4 to 9 lbs as I am just starting, but I was wondering if anyone had.. People that are on the program say they lost weight, but the numbers are not adding up. One person states she started the program May 2009... Since then she has lost 60 lbs.. That clearly doesn't add up to 4 to 9 lbs every week. I believe you can do any diet and lose weight, if you are going to be losing 7 lbs a MONTH... I bought the book based on that claim that you will lose 4 to 9 lbs a week. So far I haven't seen anyone that has. That claim seems to be very far fetched.

Posted on Jan 4, 2010 4:10:14 PM PST
Donnaly says:
Another comment...I do not think it is possible to lose 9 lbs per week. The Metabolic Research Center diet (which puts your body in a constant state of ketosis) only claims a 3-5 lb per week weight loss AND is the only diet that I believe lives up to it's promise (if you follow it exactly). I lost 3-5 lbs per week on it. For me, I know that low carb/low sugar works. I know what to do...I just need to do it. I was hoping I would learn more about "carb swapping" and infuse a new passion in my weight loss journey, but the more reviews I read, the more I think this book is not really going to help me. I know what I need to do...I've lost 40 lbs doing South Beach and then fell off the wagon for two weeks at Christmas...I just need to do my two weeks of Phase 1 again and move on...it works.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2010 1:09:38 PM PST
Dieter says:
I am on day 2 of the BFC... If I lose weight, I would definitely recommend the book. Me and my co-worker are doing the diet. It seems easy and unlike any other diet I have tried,and trust me I have tried many. If you think about it Donnaly, people are only providing testimonies on the book itself. Not their actual results. It seems like they are making it harder than what it is. I would recommend you try it for yourself. The book is only $10 and I know for me, I can spend that eating out in one day. Why not spend it on a book that just may help you. I am still pretty optimistic about this diet plan... Although calorie counting isn't suggested, I noticed that I do eat less. I don't see why I wouldn't lose weight.

Posted on Jan 9, 2010 8:33:55 PM PST
funmommy says:
HI All! Jorge says you can lose 4-9 lbs a week if you have over 30 lbs to lose and not everyone will do that either. He explains it in the book with a great chart. Plus he says in the beginning some of the weight is water and what he call False Belly Fat or fecal waste. Most people do not have enough fiber in their diets and have lots of hardened and unpassed fecal matter (sorry so gross). Anyway, it is a great plan and easy to stick to. I have lost weight and continue to and that is more of what I am after than a quick fix.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2010 7:35:09 AM PST
I have lost 10 lbs in 2.5 weeks -- wife has lost 7 lbs.
Not strictly following plan (i.e., a lunch or two per week at work) - but trying to minimize sugar/carbs.

Perhaps I am eating less due to watching the sugars -- but for whatever reason, it is working so far.

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 5:36:19 PM PST
ToriP says:
I have been on the diet for almost 2.5 weeks and have about 60 lbs to lose. I have been writing everything down, walking 2 miles everyday, and going to Jazzercise 3 days a week. In this time frame I have only lost 7 lbs. Last week I only lost 1 lb. I am totally frustrated and not sure why my weightloss is so slow?

Posted on Jan 26, 2010 2:30:23 PM PST
C. Alvarado says:
your are losing fat but gaining muscle with the exercises so that's why you aren't losing as much since you are gaining muscle and that weighs more than fat.

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 10:26:31 AM PST
CATIE says:
I followed it religiously for 23 days and lost 4lbs and 2 inches. I am a short person with only about 25lbs to lose. I was very excited about this book and I am now disappointed. The bottom line keep your diet within the 15 grams of sugar / 120 grams of less of carbs each day. Didn't need to waste $11 on a book for that, but then again Jorge doesn't make any $$ if he tells you this simple equation.

Posted on Feb 1, 2010 2:32:24 PM PST
Winnie says:
I have been on this diet for three weeks now and WOW! I love it. It works too. I was stuck at 180 pounds for two years, I would gain some during the holidays then lose it come the new year but couldn't manage to get below 180. Now I heard about this test run for the new Belly Fat Cure Diet last year and brushed it off as some new fad diet. Well I wish I hadn't but then again I have the book now and didn't last year. Anyways I started at 182 pounds and have since lost 16 pounds. I am now at 166 pounds and still losing. I am pretty active too (I was working out and eating healthy or so I thought when I started this new diet). I haven't measured to see how many inches I have lost but, then I don't have to since all my cholthes are falling off me. The one thing I would like everyone to know is if you want to suceed get your head in the game. Everyone can talk about it but, unless you truly belive you can and set your mind to it you won't get anywhere. Also don't weigh your self all the time it will totally work against you. I refused to look at the scale for two weeks and was nervous when I first walked up to it then it told me that I had last 10 pounds. That was a very good day.

Posted on Feb 1, 2010 2:38:56 PM PST
Winnie says:
P.S. don't get all hung up on the 4 to 9 pounds of weight lost every week. Those big numbers only happen to those who aren't active and haven't dieted for the past 6 months. The more realistic goal would be about 2 to 3 pounds a week and I have to say that 2 to 3 pounds is pretty good. Also you will have weeks were you lose maybe 6 pounds and then another week when you lose 2 it happens. Don't get discouraged, just stop worrying about it.

Posted on Feb 5, 2010 4:51:33 PM PST
Mary L. Kirk says:
Been doing it for about a month...lost about 5, but put 3 or 4 back on...
Spent a lot of money...
Recipes in the book are great.
I think the prinicples of low sugar/carbs is great...but no substitute for watching calories to lose weight.

Posted on Feb 6, 2010 9:05:09 AM PST
D. Neumann says:
I did a similar diet which is 'no sugar, no flour'. You avoid foods with sugar content (added or artificial) and foods made with white flour. In other words, you can eat everything else but those foods. I actually lost 17 lbs. If you have strong sweet tooth, it will take 3-4 weeks to break the craving, but after that your body does not crave sugar anymore and you lose weight. Meanwhile in the process, you learn to eat what is good for you. It was pretty simple. Jorge's 15/6 system helps provide a yardstick if you need know how much of something you are allowed to eat. If nothing else the book helps people understand what healthy eating is all about.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2010 9:18:56 AM PST
USA Patriot says:
Building muscle?

Posted on Jun 14, 2010 1:04:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2010 1:04:51 AM PDT
NaturalLife says:
I lost 4 lbs. in the first week on BFD and I have not been able to lose weight in 6 months of trying just by counting calories.

I'm really excited and plan to stay on this my entire life because it's so easy and I can eat ice creme and chocolate and drink wine. I'm never hungry - if I need more food I can eat protein like cheese sticks.

This is the first lifestyle diet I really enjoy and can live with.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2011 9:08:28 PM PST
Kelli Puzey says:
The possiblity of 9 lbs per week, from what I read, is caused from losing "false" belly fat which is stored excrement from our large intestine. Just saying....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2011 9:14:55 PM PST
Kelli Puzey says:
He does tell you the simple equation for free. All of chapter 2 is onlline. FREE of charge. The book is best for it's recipes, worth the price to see the comparisons. Plus remember, controlling your insulin means keeping your meals at a 5/2 ratio, no more than 5 sugars and 40 grams of carbs per meal. This controls spikes in insulin.
Get excited...4 pounds and 2 inches...that's great. May not be what you expected but your are on the right track...Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2011 11:36:55 AM PDT
fragglerock says:
How does mucsle weigh more then fat? One pound of musle equals one pound of fat, period. You may be gaining muscle, but you also aren't loosing any fat.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2011 6:22:02 PM PDT
Muscle mass is denser than fat. A pound for a pound yes, but volume wise is different.

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 7:44:59 PM PDT
Regarding gaining muscle vs. losing fat, weight gain may be slowed on the scale as while you may be losing lbs. of fat, you are also adding lbs. of muscle through exercise. While the net weight loss may be smaller, it's okay as added muscle is a positive. ToriP, you may find that if you keep track of your inches as well as your weight on the scale, you may be more happy with your progress. The scale doesn't tell the whole story.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2011 4:43:33 PM PDT
Hope says:
A pound weighs a pound! However, muscle is three times the density of body fat, so it takes up less space. That said, ToriP's exercise regimen is not enough to gain that much muscle mass, especially when she is not doing weight training.

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 12:56:19 PM PDT
Butterflimom says:
My husband and I started this diet on Monday August 29th. It has only been 9 days and he has lost over 10 pounds. I have lost 6 pounds so far. He doesn't work out, I workout 4-6 times a week. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. Love the book! Love how I feel. I also use Myfitnesspal.com to keep track of my carbs, calories, sugars, etc... My local Kroger has almost everything I need to stay on track. We did this diet last fall for about 2 months and together, we lost over 50 pounds...Ate pretty much what we wanted from Thanksgiving on, except for the small sugar free changes that stuck with us and neither of us gained over 6 pounds in more than a year. This works if you are willing to stick with it. I cannot wait until his new book comes out this month!!!

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 5:19:20 PM PDT
Judy says:
Why did I come here knowing that nobody was loosing any weight? Out of all these posts, only a couple are about weight loos.

That just proves that this program is BS. Amzaing, huh? We followed this to a T for two weeks. No weight loss at all. Not one ounce for either of us. We did learn some items that we could eat that were better for us, but the cost of the extra stuff was entirely too expensive. And after just a few days, I wanted to barf when eating meat. yes, you get carbs, but potatoes and all flavors of chips isn't what I want in my day every single day. Chips are something we bought only very rarely, and here you are eating them all the time. I would much rather have fruit or yogurt.

The craving for sugar went away quickly, no big deal. Soda is also something we only bought once every few weeks. So for us this was pointless.

There are a few good recipes in here though so that makes the book worth it. It was cheap. But, I wont recommend it to anyone at all and will just pretend that I didn't buy it!

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 10:43:52 AM PDT
Well I love the BFC! I've lost 32lbs in 10 weeks and have not been hungry or crazy. I feel healthy and satisfied. After 10lbs I thought it would stop working (nope) after 20lbs I thought ok the next 10 are going to be even harder to lose (nope). Every week I am down another 1-3 lbs. Is this diet better than weight watchers or Jenny Craig? For me it is, but for others maybe not. I have not followed the menus laid out in this book, just apply the 15/6 rule. You are allowed up to 120 grams of carbs a day but I find most success when staying around the 60 gram mark. One commenter said something about eating chips everyday on this diet, that is not my experience. I eat proteins, veggies, healthy fats, and some fruit. Nothing earth shattering, I just find carbs easier to count than calories and fat. I think this is why it works for me. Also, my husband who was already at a healthy weight lost 7lbs and is now at the low end of his healthy range. I mention this for people who struggle to lose the last 10 lbs, this diet should work for you too. The secret to permenant weight loss is 100% commitment for the rest of your life, so it's imperative you find a plan you can enjoy. For me it is the BFC.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Jan 3, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about