ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums belkin All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM Toys & Games

And here it goes....*sigh*......again.....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 11, 2008 9:44:50 AM PDT
Heejun Seok says:
Actually, I didn't know Brisingr was out until a fan that knew I didn't like it shoved it in my face. Now.....the speaking is still bad - it's like pulp fiction set in medieval times that has the people speaking like nothing modern culture has seen so it sounds medieval-y. Yeah, that's it. Paolini's maverick-y. I mean, medieval-y. And I see that he's gotten a little tired of making up random LOTR-sounding words, going from, "BRISINGR" to "Eragon mumbled incomprehensibly the structure of a devastating spell so that Paolini won't have to make up random things and put them in his 'dictionary'".

Buuuut, surprisingly enough (SURPRISE!) he managed to turn away from a mountain of epic similes and flowery talk for a second to scribble in a bit of what Arya is like, other than the hot girl Eragon's chasing after. And the guys who wouldn't die were okay, but a bit illogical - "Yes! It's obvious! If you remove the fear of people, they don't die from being stabbed in the heart multiple times!" However.......then it goes straight back into flowery talk and epic similes.

But the most disappointing thing, in retrospect, is this: the source of Galby's power. Everybody was expecting something cool, something logical and "I has more of teh Force than you" kind of thing. And we get......barfed up stones that are apparently supposed to be a dragon's soul. Located somewhere between the gallbladder and the large intestine, Galbatorix hoards barrels of them and uses the magic of the dragons that the dragons themselves don't know how to use to get mo' powah. This would pretty much be the worst plot hole I have read/seen in my lifetime, if it wasn't for one other thing - midichlorians.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2008 6:34:03 AM PDT
M.S. Verish says:
I bet you can't wait for book 4!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2008 4:36:53 AM PDT
J.A. says:
yet another similarity...

This is such a Gary Stu it's just unbelievable. Paolini = Eragon.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Oct 11, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 14, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Brisingr (Inheritance, Book 3) (The Inheritance Cycle)
Brisingr (Inheritance, Book 3) (The Inheritance Cycle) by Christopher Paolini (Hardcover - September 20, 2008)
4.1 out of 5 stars (1,346)