Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Price:$34.99+ $9.49 shipping

on May 26, 2014
I needed to re-stretch a couple rooms in our home. I could have called a carpet man, but he would have wanted everything removed from all rooms on the day of the re-stretch, and I did not have the room to do that. For a lower price, I did it myself a room at a time when I wanted to. It was easy to do and I would recomend this to anyone. I looked at you tube to learn what to do, and it went very easy. As others have said, you will need some 2 x 4's cause it is not long enough to go across the room. The ones that are long enough are way to expensive for the DIY home owner. The 2 x 4's worked great. This packes up very small, so you can store it with ease. I think this works much better than a knee kicker, which my local Blue home improvement store wanted $80.00 for. For the price, you can't go wrong with this. If you have never put down carpet before, don't worry, just go to you tube and learn how. Buy this from Amazon and get busy.
on August 27, 2012
yes i broke the ears that hold the lever and one of the tubes were not welded and split open
on March 15, 2012
Easy to use and folds up small for portability and storage. (It was delivered in a box 3.5"x 6.5" x 18") It adjusts easily in increaments of 1.5" from approx 24" to 60". Used in conjunction with 2"x 8" boards I have used it across spans of 20ft.
on February 24, 2014
I didn't know exactly what to expect when I read some of the reviews. However, most were pretty good so I thought I would give it a chance. I was pleasantly surprised when the stretcher arrived. Now understand, this is not a high dollar stretcher by any means, but for a do-it-yourself tool, it is surprisingly solid. I only found two little flaws that were both easily fixed. The piston that runs from the stretcher head to the adjustable rod was dry as a bone and wouldn't allow the stretcher to work properly, A little dab of grease and that problem was solved. Also, the piston slides in and out of a little guide that is inside the first tube. The guide moved down the tube because of the bind I put on it discovering that it needed greased. I took a long drill bit holder and placed it in the opposite end of the tube and applied enough pressure to reposition the guide to the top of the tube. Once I did this, the stretcher worked like magic. It is a great improvement over knee kickers and a lot less work. I used a four, six, and eight foot pieces of 2x4 to stretch across the room and found these to be perfect for every use I had. I would highly recommend this stretcher for anyone looking to put carpet in a few rooms. I wouldn't expect it to be useful for the professional, but for the occasional carpeting job, it's a perfect solution.
on July 5, 2015
This stretcher works well for the homeowner. I am replacing baseboards with thicker material, and need to occasionally stretch carpet. This stretcher, plus a four by four by eight, will fit any room in the house, and is far handier than the carpet proffessional.
on January 7, 2013
This tool works well for its intended purpose. It works best for a rectangular shaped room. For an irregularly shaped room, there might be some difficulty depending the exact shape of the room. In addition to this tool, I also built an extension bar using 2x4 wooden stud to suit my room. The combination of the stretcher and the extension bar provides some flexibility in the direction of the stretcher for some other shaped room. Overall this tool works very well. LC
on February 28, 2015
This is a great stretcher for the money. It is very easy to add more extensions of any length also by purchasing a piece of 1&1/4 EMT conduit and drill a half inch hole in it. This stretcher along with a cheap piece of 1&1/4 inch EMT conduit it compares to the high dollar stretchers for less than half of the price of the expensive stretchers, including the EMT. I have used it twice now and it works great. I wish it came with a carrying case but for the money, you can't beat it.
on May 24, 2012
This is a great deal for the occassional job. Just pay attention when putting the handle together and you'll be set!
on April 14, 2013
This is a great product for the price and does the job, however it could use more extensions to go across the entire room. My product also was missing the protective cover. overall you can't go wrong for the price.
on May 23, 2013
We have living room carpet that stretches and leaves rankles in the carpet. It cost us $150 to the carpet re stretched. With this tool and a 2X4 I can do the same thing and we don't have to move the furniture out.