Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Is one of the holes for securing the mount to the wall supposed to be oblong-shaped? Is it supposed to be on the top or the bottom?
[UPDATED] asked by Pen Name on January 17, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Yes it is. Secure it with the circular hole on top and the oblong one on the bottom to allow for some adjustment to vertical (or slightly off vertical if you want).
Amazon Customer answered on January 17, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yep... They are all like that, they are for minor level adjustments. Personally mine are on top but it really does not matter where they are located. Just make sure the screws are tight so it does not sag.
Lrnlvr answered on January 17, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The oblong hole goes to the bottom. It will allow slight adjustment so you can plum the mount.
Don Goetz answered on January 18, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Either will work, but a little easier to have the oblong on bottom to level up the tv.
Harry Whately answered on January 18, 2013

A
My hubby hung it. I just took a look. It appears to me that the "oblong" is at the bottom. With the bolt covering it, it's hard to see.
Katie answered on January 18, 2013

A
The product does come with one of the screw mounting holes being oblong. I placed this one on the bottom when I installed the mount. The oblong hole allows you to use the upper screw as a fulcrum point to level the mount vertically before tightening the lower mount screw.
Rich in WA answered on January 18, 2013

A
The product does come with one of the screw mounting holes being oblong (horizontal direction). I placed this one on the bottom when I installed the mount. The oblong hole allows you to use the upper screw as a fulcrum point to level the mount vertically before tightening the lower mount screw. Nice feature if you happen to not get the screws vertical alignment just right.
Rich in WA answered on January 18, 2013

A
Yes, it is .
Yamir R. answered on January 17, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Bottom
OttawaMike answered on January 17, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The oblong hole is for adjusting the mount to be perfectly level so your TV isn't slanted. It usually goes on the bottom because most of the TV load is through the top screw.
skid row answered on January 18, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product