Customer Discussions > Stronger (Deluxe Version) forum

I hope the album is better than "Mr. Know It All"...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 5, 2011 10:27:34 PM PDT
PlanetHell says:
What a lame and boring song. Kelly, you can do better than this. Hopefully this is a "Never Again" moment and we can look foward to better songs on "Stronger...."

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 3:25:14 PM PDT
C.E. says:
I am quite certain that with an amazing career- no matter how short up to this point- that includes 2 Grammys, 2 MTV awards, 11 BMA's and 2 AMA's- you have nothing to worry about in regards to quality from this blindingly talented singer. :)

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 7:32:30 PM PDT
I actually like both songs you mentioned. I don't really see a problem. Yes, Mr. Know It All is more laid-back, but isn't it kinda time for a change from all the upbeat pop rock? How many lead singles can honestly be like that before you explode?

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 6:05:24 PM PDT
Ben says:
same here, i really love both songs and i don't think it is lame at all. maybe it will grow on you.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 11:34:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2011 11:35:17 PM PDT
PlanetHell says:
Oops, I think what I meant about "Never Again" was taken wrong. I actually love "Never Again," though not nearly as much as "One Minute." I was saying I hope she doesn't do anymore songs like "Mr. Know It All", that she will "never again" make such a boring and lame song. The change in tone also isn't what I don't like-the lyrics are just not very good and Kelly's singing is sub-par in comparison to basically all her previous songs. No, she doesn't need to be "auto-tuned" to death, but I'm not a fan of albums sounding like demos either.

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 12:13:37 AM PDT
S. Robinson says:
The song "Mr. Know it All" is not lame. I would not of released it first after i heard "What doesnt kill you" BUT Not every song has to be like "Never Again" "Since you've been gone" male bashing, you cheated on me now you have to go songs with a fast uptempo. "My life would suck without you" was an upbeat faster track as well. "Mr Know it All" is like those songs but with a Different Beat to it which makes it different and kinda refreshing. Even though i love "Sober" atleast "Mr Know it All" was more upbeat and not boring sounding on the Radio. She wanted to release something a lil different. Doesnt mean the song sucks or the album is going to be just like that song. Right now "Mr Know it All" is #18 on the Radio Airplay charts. It has been for almost a week now. It is about to fizzle out.

I hate to admit it but "What doesnt kill you" is just like "Never Again", "My life would suck without you" and "Since you've been gone" It is CATCHY and if she released it as a single it would most likely do better on the charts. This should of been the First single. The problem is once the album is released any singles after that are tough to do well on itunes enough to shoot it to #1 on the hot 100 unless your name is Katy Perry or Rihanna these days. We shall see.

I love music. i got into Radio when i was 18 just so i could play my favorite artists on the radio. "Mr know it all" is a good change but "What doesnt kill you" would of been a stronger lead in. I will be purchasing my copy. All of her albums are pretty solid. This album will be no different.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 4:57:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2011 4:59:13 PM PDT
Micaloneus says:
At first, I only liked "Mr. Know It All," but now I think it's classic Clarkson. There's a word for a tune like MKIA...earworm.

By the way #1, the seven live versions (as of mid Oct.) are all great. Has anyone seen/heard the NRL version. EPIC!!!

A link to the NRL performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XFa_DGM6IY

By the way #2, MKIA doesn't sound like anything else on the upcoming album, so take a deep breath, PlanetHell and smile.

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 9:12:22 AM PDT
Barry says:
I actually hope the album is as good as "Mr Know It All". This is the first single I've heard since her second album of hits that actually sounds like a Kelly Clarkson hit. I haven't been impressed or cared for much of what she has released on the last 3 CDs. This actually sounds like a classic hit.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2011 11:33:19 AM PDT
Micaloneus says:
From what some of the KC fans are saying, MKIA is one of the weaker tunes (after hearing 24+ minutes of samples from STRONGER). Personally, I find that hard to believe; but maybe, I'm in for a pleasant surprise.

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 10:03:04 PM PDT
S. Robinson says:
MKIA is not a weak song it just isnt #1 on Top 40 Radio Material. "What doesnt Kill you" is way more Top 40 Pop friendly. We shall see. From the Samples there are some good hooks on tracks that could sound killer on radio for sure.

"Don't be a girl about it" sounds like a track i could hear P!nk singing. no?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 1:40:21 PM PDT
Micaloneus says:
"Don't be a girl about it" sounds like a track i could hear P!nk singing. no?

Never thought about it; but yes, I guess. Though it's Kelly's voice that sells me on that song.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 10:08:48 AM PDT
humph... each to your own, I guess. I freaking LOVE this song, and am actually going to buy a KC cd for once. I haven't purchased since her second album.

I think this bodes well for her.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 10:09:50 AM PDT
OH, and I am SO happy she is including her duet with Jason Aldeen on this CD... that song is AMAZING...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2011 9:17:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2011 9:23:58 AM PDT
Micaloneus says:
Only the DELUXE edition has the duet with Jason Aldean; but it also has 3 more top notch bonus tracks (17 in all...sweet). If you're claiming to be a Kelly Clarkson fan, you can only go DELUXE edition.

btw, my favorite KC album to this point is "All I Ever Wanted" (2009) and that DELUXE was essential because of those two great bonus tracks (Tip Of My Tongue and The Day We Fall Apart).

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 9:48:21 PM PDT
C. Randolph says:
You can't really compare from album to album because each album is different. MKIA is catchy song, I love it, its different for her. it shows growth. I really don't think she makes her music with the intent of going number 1, she just wants something her fans can enjoy. This album will be classic Kelly, just like her others.

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 5:25:41 AM PDT
Ninjalilly says:
The full versions of many of the songs are on youtube, some on kelly's own youtube channel. Have you heard the notes she hits on "honestly"?? They are insane!!!! That song is beautiful and really shows off her voice. None of the other songs that I have heard so far are like MKIA. I like MKIA, but it will probably be lower on the list if I listed my favorite to least favorite on this album. I haven't heard enough to rank yet, but so far, I haven't heard one I don't like.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 1:08:03 AM PDT
PlanetHell says:
Hearing the songs sampled, the whole album sounds excellent. At least as good as "All I Ever Wanted," if not better than others. I personally loved all her CD's; they all have something different to offer, but all have some serious vocals and power. All hail Kelly Clarkson!

Also, she is actually one of a couple idols who actually deserved to win, and her more so than others...
(Others would be Carrie Underwood and the new kid whose CD just came out, others lost 3rd-6th place)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2011 6:43:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2011 6:44:41 PM PDT
icecube says:
u must be nuts.....every song on this cd is a potential hit....including the freakin bonus trax! Go to Hell, Planet!I'm not the biggest Kelly Clarkson fan, But this brother can recognize a hit album!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2011 4:11:33 PM PDT
music lover says:
This new album is very enjoyable. Lots of potential hits and not a bad song to be found.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2011 10:25:20 PM PDT
PlanetHell says:
Heh I love the album but Kelly can do better than complaining...she can yell! Kelly Clarkson is an angst-filled singer, and she works best when doing just that.

The only people who should be told to go to hell are people who like Rihanna's new music style (go back to Good Girl Gone Bad and Rated R days-the new stuff is generic crap!).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Oct 5, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Stronger (Deluxe Version)
Stronger (Deluxe Version) by Kelly Clarkson (Audio CD - 2011)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (498)