Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Kids Halloween
Customer Discussions > Short Circuit forum

I hope they do a better job on the Blu Ray than the DVD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 18, 2008 9:01:57 AM PDT
The DVD was just released within the last 2 years, and it wasn't even anamorphic.... what a rip off. I hope we at least get a decent transfer of the movie this time around... I will definitely wait for reviews before I purchase because of the lack of effort on the dvd release. No Preorders on this one for me because of that .... normally this would be a slam-dunk preorder.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2008 1:41:18 PM PDT
At the time I'm writing this, the pre-order price is only $10.95. Why so cheap for a blu-ray unless something shady is going on?

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2008 2:37:20 PM PDT
Actually, since I created the first post, the folks at relayed the extras for the Short Circuit Blu Ray, and it looks like this release is going to be pretty decent as well as the special edition dvd. They should have never released that last print on dvd tho, it wouldn't have even been a good laserdisc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2008 11:39:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 30, 2008 11:41:46 PM PDT
catfishjr241 says:
just remember when this movie was filmed they did not record in high definition so dont expect it to be real high quality like hd movies are

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2008 4:29:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2008 9:28:27 PM PDT
I think this is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever seen. No theater movies are recorded in HD, all have to be transferred in some way. I don't even know how to respond to you. Do you actually think I am that stupid after reading my post. You are insulting and moronic.

And, now having the Short Circuit Blu-Ray, I would say they did a pretty good job from what I have watched so far. The best home video transfer so far for Short Circuit.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2009 4:23:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2009 4:23:55 AM PST
Basically catfish original film resolution is more then enough ""supposedly"" for hd transfer though you can tell major differences in films produced via up to date and hd cameras the original films produced before hd film and cameras have enough resolution...ect but nearly all of them require comprehensive filtering and digital passthroughs to get rid of common problems with the straight transfers that you'll see on early and cheap bluray and hd dvd.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Short Circuit forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 18, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 1, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Short Circuit  [VHS]
Short Circuit [VHS] by Ally Sheedy (VHS Tape - 1996)
4.3 out of 5 stars (419)