how about elgato transfer of protected VHS to mp4
asked by mbc22 on February 16, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
votes
Ya i hope it will work, coz i think protected vhs cassette is for not to make any change in recorded data or any kind of edit but copies to mp4 format can be made through this device, hope it will help you out...
ajay aggarwal answered on February 17, 2013

A
votes
I've watched whole protected movies flawlessly on my pc via Elgato and copied some clips with no problem. I first bought a Sony MC5 stand alone DVD unit that only copies tapes you made yourself as it's very picky and won't even copy home made DVR recordings. Before the Elgato I owned a Roxio that had no problems with copy protect either. But Elgato is excellent!
David Dardar answered on February 17, 2013

A
votes
I have transferred around 50 tapes now and haven't run into any problems.
MozB88 answered on February 17, 2013

A
votes
I am not certain about "Protected" VHS because all I do is convert stuff I have recorded myself on to VHS and then using the Elgato to transfer to iMovie which is in MP4 format. From the above it seems that other have been successful though
Chris Phillips answered on February 17, 2013

A
vote
My Elgato Video capture worked fine until I upgraded my iMac to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard and now it will not run. No Help from Elgato
Jon Flynn answered on February 17, 2013

A
vote
I haven't run across any issues so far with any store-bought tapes.
Bilbo answered on April 14, 2014

A
votes
I was able to archive major studio VHS tapes and have noticed any issue with Macromedia encoded tapes.
Pen Name answered on February 18, 2013

A
votes
Yes, I believe you can transfer any VHS, protected or not. It simply "records" the content (vs "copies" so to speak). I can't speak to the mp4 part.
Sk answered on February 17, 2013

A
votes
I am not certain about "Protected" VHS because all I do is convert stuff I have recorded myself on to VHS and then using the Elgato to transfer to iMovie which is in MP4 format. From the above it seems that other have been successful though
Chris Phillips answered on February 17, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›