Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
how is the battery life for this camera?
asked by M. Woods on May 3, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
I have had the camera on for taking pictures and video for about 6 hours straight and no issues with the battery. I continued to take pictures and video the rest of the weekend on and off. I have not had to charge it yet. I did not try to run the camera completely out yet either. I am very impressed with this camera so far especially the zoom and colors.
Jaroslava Johnson answered on May 3, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Battery life based on what the company claimed is about 2 hrs (NP-FH50) during my test is rather close to what they claimed. You can NOT use NP-FH100 (larger battery and longer life) as some retailers might stated as a replacement for NP-FH50 because the battery chamber is TOO small to fit larger battery. Hope this helps. With the retail price ($300 slightly higher or lower) this is a decent one to consider IMO. If you use filters then you would want to purchase adapter tube (two types available one is cheaper and longer). Pricey one is about $30-35, cheaper one is about $10-15.
khd answered on May 3, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I purchased a couple back-up batteries online just in case, since I would be in remote areas while shooting. A fully charged battery is good for about 260 min. I shot about 200 photos a day, and about 30 min of movies without ever having to go to a back-up battery. I thought battery life was very good. Best to stick with brand names, or reliable sources though when purchasing back-ups, as I did end up with 1 battery that would not take a full charge.
Dan Horwitz answered on May 3, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I take high resolution photos so battery life is shorter than it would be with lower. Right now it is 1/4 used up and has 109 minutes on it. I plan to buy a spare battery and keep one charged all the time.
ERP answered on May 3, 2013

A
Yes, its fairly good.
Arthur L Gandelman answered on May 3, 2013

A
Mary B answered on May 3, 2013

A
van answered on May 3, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
So far is been really good. I've done a 2 hour amatuer photo shoot with a friend modeling for me. Had over 200 pictures, many with a flash and various camera modes and it was only down to 1/2 charge on the power meter. I was not doing much for zooming though since all shots were within 6 feet.
jrpfrimmer answered on May 3, 2013

A
Once it's charged fully, to take pictures it shows somewhere close to 280 minutes. Also depends upon what you are using for and how you are using it.
Brijesh Bala answered on May 4, 2013

A
It was ok. I really did not pay specific attention to how long it lasted but I took a BUNCH of pictures before the battery have out.
Great shots! answered on May 4, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product