Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 19, 2010 3:18:58 PM PDT
I want to read more, and faster... I am wondering some of you out there I know read a book a week easily or even a book a day if your superfast. I want to know what tips you would be so kind to reveal to me in order that I may be able to start reading more, be motivated to read more, comprehend more, stay focused on what I'm reading... but all this I want to do and do it quicker to. Also is it really possible to speed read at rates they say that exceed even 1000 wpm without being Kim Peek?? What is realistic and what isn't and what advice can you give me to read, read quickly, and enjoy it... as well as any advice on the rest of what I talked about above? Please help me, and thank you... God bless.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 6:45:02 PM PST
First off, are you referring to non-fiction or textbook reading and comprehension or 'imaginative' writing, like literary novels, epics, plays, poetry, etc. You can train yourself to read faster in the former category. With the latter, it is a matter of just reading quality books until your brain can appreciate complex syntax, vocabulary, innovation, originality, etc.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Apr 19, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 22, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
How to Read Literature Like a Professor: A Lively and Entertaining Guide to Reading Between the Lines
How to Read Literature Like a Professor: A Lively and Entertaining Guide to Reading Between the Lines by Thomas C. Foster (Paperback - February 18, 2003)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (404)