how does the 12 instant games work?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 17, 2013 6:10:39 PM PST
M. Cadoret says:
How does the 12 instant games work? Do you get to download the games to your hard drive (so it's like having the actual game) or are they just playable for a certain period of time?

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 7:27:16 PM PST
You get to download them to your hard drive and they are playable as much as you want as long as your membership to Playstation Plus is current. This bundle comes with one year of playstation plus.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 9:09:05 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 21, 2013 9:09:31 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 2:07:38 PM PST
video voice says:
Oh boy! So you mean, I can feel like I own 12 BRAND NEW GAMES until my PS+ membership expires and then suddenly I have NOTHING.
I'll pass. I'd much rather buy a system where I can have an actual copy of 1 game (that I can play forever, or trade in, sell or give to a friend when I'm done with it) than the veiled promise of 12.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 1:06:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2013 1:07:13 AM PST
D. Sherman says:
Well a years worth is only 50 bucks, you have a year to scrape up 50 bucks in time for the renewal. So if you give Sony 50 bucks before year is up, you still have your games. If you have the money to buy a PS3, you can get a years worth of PS+ or if you're short at hte end of the year you can pay for a month long subscription which is what 6 bucks?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 5:42:03 AM PST
JM says:
Think about it. You finish many games within a year and it's likely you'll want to return to only a few down the road. It's won't be devastating to lose your games if you choose to let your PS+ membership expire. It's like handing a game off to your friend. You part with it, buy new games, and move on.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 6:56:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2013 6:58:25 AM PST
Fred Mercury says:
People seem to forget that its not only free games but discounts. If you buy the game with discount its yours forever. The only time you might lose a game is only if you got it for free with your membership. They also point this out when you get the free game. I have PS+ and love it. I got 3 games this week with the 75% off promotion for Playstation Plus members "Little big planet karting, Unfinished Swan, and Hot Shots Golf complete" all for $20. These games would normally cost you around $70 to buy altogether. The discounts pay for the membership and you keep the discounted games forever. So it's like STEAM for the console.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 12:40:22 PM PST
Joe says:
"Oh boy! So you mean, I can feel like I own 12 BRAND NEW GAMES until my PS+ membership expires and then suddenly I have NOTHING."

What if I told you that you get at least 3 PS3 or PSN games every month on top of those 12 games? (3 * 11) + 12 = 45. Now add in the Vita games: 6 when you sign up and 2 every month after that. (11 * 2) + 6 = 28.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 2:03:23 PM PST
what if you have ps+ and it is about to expire can i use that coupon to pay for the next year?

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 5:06:14 PM PST
D. Ojeda says:
U will allways have your games but u need to keep the PS+ active to play with, its only 50$ by year... the 1rts year come with this offer... also its a 500GB harddrive ...

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 9:32:16 AM PDT
Meech268 says:
Hi all! I'd love to know--for those who have used it--does the plus promotional code require credit card information be present on your account or the PS3? I need a new PS3--Red/Yellow light-- and, well I was looking into this instant games bundle. But, I am worried that when I attempt to redeem my code that it will prompt me for credit card info. Has this happened to anyone, or does it function as a normal PSN/PLUS card would? I posted in another forum just to increase the odds that I catch any wondering eyes, in hopes of some kind of reply. Thanks, in advance, for any response.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 9:59:58 PM PDT
350ZJT says:
You don't need credit card info , just put in the PS PLUS CODE .

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 11:03:21 PM PDT
Meech268 says:
Hey, thanks for the reply. I actually went out and bought one today and yup, no credit card required. That is, at least, for the one year subscription that comes in this bundle.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jan 17, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Classic White PS3 Instant Game Collection Bundle
Classic White PS3 Instant Game Collection Bundle by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (108)