Customer Discussions > Rocksmith Guitar And Bass forum

how to install from the dvd and not steam

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 25, 2012 7:03:19 PM PDT
Nick Dickson says:
Using Steam launch options to install retail games from disc.

1.Log in to Steam and click on Library.

2.Right-click on the game, select Delete local content, and confirm.

3.Insert the first disc into your computer.

4.Close Steam (Steam > Exit).

5.Press Windows Key + R to open Run

6.In the Run window type:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.

Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.

7.Press OK. Steam will launch and ask you to sign in if you do not have your password saved. Your installation should continue from the disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013 9:34:40 AM PST
D. Clarkson says:
Hi,

Sorry I don't do computer based games very often now and I want to put Rocksmith on my laptop (not buying on console - much cheaper!) and I don't quite follow instruction 6 - I'm going through all this before I purchase because I don't want to screw up and end up wasting my money! So instruction 6, do you type in just whats in the speech marks? i.e. just C:\Program Files\Steam? Or do you put the the previous and then a space with -install E:?

I know this makes me sound really really stupid.... Also, doing it this way means I get the real tone cable and it will install via steam meaning I can get my DLC, yes?

Sorry!

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 12:48:54 PM PST
Late reply, but easiest way I found to activate/download Rocksmith through steam is this:

Install Steam and log in.
On the Library Tab, in the bottom left corner, click "Add A Game" and select "Activate a Product on Steam"
Input the code given to you in your retail DVD's jacket. On mine, the code was on a sticker on the back side of an insert on the left panel beside the DVD itself.
Steam will say something about thanking you for your purchase, and you can go ahead and click the "Install Games" button.
Once downloaded, you can view/purchase DLC through Steam, and as long as the game isn't running, it will install the new content automatically.

Posted on Jan 29, 2014 10:26:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2014 10:26:56 AM PST
Nick Dickson says:
The whole point of my post is so that people DO NOT have to download the game over the internet. If you read other posters that process of downloading has taken them several hours to complete. Installing via the DVD is the quickest option and in my life experiences, if it's the quickest then it's the easiest.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rocksmith Guitar And Bass
Rocksmith Guitar And Bass by Ubisoft (Windows 7 / Vista)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (351)