Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 3, 2010 12:34:16 AM PDT
Mc says:
how much does it costs to play online per month?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2010 3:05:42 AM PDT
Futzbucket says:
The official site currently lists the monthly charge as $12.99 a month.

Posted on Sep 24, 2010 9:31:45 PM PDT
M. Weekley says:
I wish monthly rates were a thing of the past for MMO's otherwise I'd pick this up.

Posted on Oct 3, 2010 9:10:17 AM PDT
It's $9.99 just for having an account. Each character you want to have on your account is $3.00/month. So, if you have your service and 1 character, that's $12.99; two characters for $15.99; three for $18.99 and so on. Honestly you only need 1 character, you can play every class and level every profession with only 1.

Posted on Oct 21, 2010 9:29:47 AM PDT
So I can start a subscription with gamefly that'll let rent several games for a month, or I can fork out $60 for this game and pay even more a month...yeah, I'll skip this. MMOs will always remain a flop on a console if you put people under the same subscription fees as PC gamers, and considering this game is getting bad reviews on the PC because a lot of the stuff feels it was built around console players and using a controller.

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 3:04:01 AM PST
Dave R. says:
Theres been plenty of MMORPGs that had a large amount of subscribers on console. Phantasy star, FFXI, Everquest online adventures... theres just a few. Plus the explosion with DC universe coming to the ps3 is really jump starting MMORPGs on the map for consoles.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 3:20:26 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 22, 2011 3:24:35 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 3:23:57 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 22, 2011 3:24:26 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 3:24:45 PM PST
Greedy Panda says:
The explosion in players for DC Universe will be short lived. It took me less than two weeks to reach level 30. Yes, they are releasing dlc every few months (such as the green lantern dlc and the soon be released flash dlc) the game is simple and far too easy. The game was mediocre at best and people will begin to lose interest after they have reached the level cap and obtained the "rare" equips the game has. Even if they were to raise the level cap (and I believe they will) the game does not have much depth and the only people that will stick around are the "hardcore" players (who not only play 24/7 but also purchase a Legendary subscription). When I began to play, I thought the game was good (as I understand the difficulty in creating a mmorpg for a console) but the novelty quickly wore off. There is little to no communication due to the fact that many people do not used a keyboard to communicate on their PS3 and not many use a headset as well (far less people have a headset for the PS3 then those with a XBox 360 and those that do generally play first person shooters and sports games). The numbers exploded because it was the launch and due to the fact it was free. I am also aware that Sony claims that in game purchases have gone up almost 600-700% but they will quickly fall. And yes, the world is huge and there are many quests to do (including alerts, events, duos, pvp, etc...) This game will not be able to sustain the huge following of paid subscribers that other mmorpgs such as World of Warcraft, Eve and Everquest (to name a few) have. And as we all new, World of Warcraft (the grandaddy of them all) is now losing more and more paid subscribers each and every day. This is despite the massive amount of money, time and work Blizzard has put into the game. DC Universe can't match the size and quality of the expansions that were released for World of Warcraft (due to it's limitations on consoles and the limitations on the PC [where it is limited by game itself]. There far better mmorpgs and as other companies begin to do away with the subscription model, they will move onto the micro transaction model and become free to play. Once this occurs, people will move on to these other games. Imagine the amount of new people (both returning and new) players that would join World of Warcraft (if it were to ever) if it were to become free to play. I can not honestly see people playing DC Universe of World of Warcraft (aside from those of us who play DC Universe on our PS3 consoles). This is despite the promises of new dlc the game will receive every 2 to 3 months (and I feel it will not be that quick nor easy). Also, Everquest Adventures currently has a community that is somewhere around 50,000 players and that number is decreasing each and every day.

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 9:30:28 AM PDT
Uh... don't PS3 games going online cost nothing unlike the Xbox 360? What makes this game an exception to that?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 3:54:55 PM PDT
This game is different. It is hosted by an ouside party that keeps the game from going to hell. They debug it daily, patch it, update it, add content, keep the world breathing. You pay them $X to keep the staff active, plus the server they are on. You pay NOTHING to use the PSN but for this game you pay SE to keep the game going. Xbox users would have to pay both the Xbox fee and the FFXIV fee.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 3:12:17 AM PDT
I swear most "console" gamers are so clueless when it comes to MMORPG's... just stick to your Call of Duty type games. More than likely this game would be too complex for you.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 1:37:40 PM PDT
this kind of game has to have a fee just like the last one for ps2 they took the same risk on the last one and ppl are still playing it ten years later some ppl are okwith it some are not.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 4:12:32 PM PDT
Vile Eighty says:
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaign/campaign.html

That should answer the question about the monthly fee. Do take note of the Legacy Campaign; Pay for 30 consecutive days and you qualify for a permanent $10 subscription fee, among other perks.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 12:15:05 AM PDT
Rizon538 says:
The previous post is in error. Qualification for the Legacy campaign has passed.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:18:07 PM PST
moogle11 says:
A $10 flat fee or pay as you go ( $1 a day !?) would suit me fine. GW2 is Free to play & of very high quality, I love Final Fantasy, played FFXI for three years straight, but as my free time became less I ended up cancelling my subscription, I would have loved to have been able to just play a couple of days a month for $5...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:31:27 AM PST
What would be the motivation for creating new game content without recurring fees? World of Warcraft continues to release regular content patches for each expansion. Look at how LotR Online and other MMOs stopped fees but now charge for content access and "extra" items in-game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 7:41:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 7:45:32 AM PST
moogle11 says:
I'm fine with paying for new content, as that's something I can choose to buy or not, whereas recurring subscription fees just aren't worth it for the amount of time I get to play, I'll often go months without logging in, which I know makes me not the ideal candidate for MMO's.
I still would like the option to check the game out, and play when I can, I believe Dragon Quest XI Online for the Wii has a free limited time/non-sub based option, which would work for me. I understand the imense amount of work put into a top tier MMO & it's updates, and am happy to pay to play, but monthly sub's alone are not always the best option for everyone, a range of choices would maybe attract more customers ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 10:56:40 AM PST
Jerry says:
Actually, you don't need an Xbox Gold account to play MMO's online. You just have to have a Silver account, which is free. This game isn't going to be released for Xbox360, but FFXI is, and you don't need to pay Xbox fees to play it. Just the FFXI fee. Clear as mud?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 6:37:45 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
$12.99 per month, same as Final Fantasy 11.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 6:41:59 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
yeah, and good thing too that FInal Fantasy A Realm Reborn will be on PC and PS3 only, Xbox live people make me sick.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 6:54:59 PM PST
Daiyu13 says:
how are console gamers clueless when it comes to mmorpgs?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Sep 3, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about