asked by Kishan R. on March 13, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
No I need a better lens I see stars and the moon no like I want but decent
Luis answered on March 13, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
On a good clear night you can easily see Saturn's rings. Keep in mind the amount of light pollution in your area with greatly affect how well you can see anything, even with a larger telescope, so set up your telescope as far from city/town lights as you can.
Sheryl Westleigh answered on March 13, 2013

A
It all depends on how clear the sky is. I can see Jupiter 4 moons and the rings and bands on Jupiter surface.
chris walters answered on March 13, 2013

A
Jupiter, bands and four moons nicely enough. The moon is almost too big and Venus is just right.
Michael Coates answered on March 13, 2013

A
Rings and bands. Depends on you lens configuration. It's a small scope, but good for beginners, armatures and beats the under $200 throw always hands down. When I got this one, I had spend $200 on two cheap ones that broke or stripped out in one day. This one will fuel your enthusiasm not break it.
C. L. Barger answered on March 13, 2013

A
We've seen, quite distinctly, the rings of Saturn and about 5 of the moons of Jupiter from my driveway in Pearland (suburban Houston) Texas. The moon, when full, looks like it's in the next room. I did purchase some higher magnifying lenses (don't recall specifically what they were) but the bottom line is it's a pretty great little scope to introduce the kids to the cosmos.
Marcus Ebenhack answered on March 13, 2013

A
This is going to depend on which eyepiece you use while viewing. With the included eye pieces and a barlow 2x shorty I can get good shots of the moon. However jupiter and its moons were small specs of light. Im sure if I got a 3x barlow I would be able to get better shots of jupiter. I have not the opportunity to look at any other planets as of yet. I also unfortunately am dealing with a good bit of light pollution and dont have a good comparison away from city lights, street lights, etc.
Spider Dijon answered on March 14, 2013

A
Really you can see clearlyThe MOON , but for The planets you need some stronger lenses that you can get on Amazon or eBay with The specification of your telescope.
JOOA answered on March 14, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›