Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TouchDAW
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$4.99

on January 13, 2016
I use TouchDAW on my Android phone to control my DAW when recording vocals. It works great and was very easy to set up. It does take a couple of clicks in the audio/midi setup at the beginning of a session, but the price is very low and it works quite smoothly, so for the benefit of being able to tun a session without being at the desk it is well worth it. It provides different functions, but I use it mainly for transport controls when recording my own vocals.
on March 20, 2013
It's not perfect. It's a bit awkward to use. But it rocks! I can use it in protools and in propellorhead reason now! I really didn't want to go get a midi keyboard for it. I can hammer in the basics and use the program to polish it up.
on September 19, 2012
If you use Digital Audio Workstation software to create, if you don't have an assistant, and your environment is larger than a closet, you will sooner or later run into a limitation: you can't be in two spots at the same time. Multitrack tape recorders usually had a remote, so you could play the piano, or wail on a guitar, or pound a log drum -- and have Rewind, Stop, Play and Record at your fingertips. On serious units you even had more functions on the remote.

With a computer, we all know the annoying "run back and set up the next take" routine. Even if you have a hardware control surface, with faders and all, moving it around is impractical. But if you have a smart phone or a tablet, you can run a wireless remote control app that gives you a virtual control surface that communicates with your DAW over WiFi. That's what TouchDAW is, and it runs on Android systems, including the Kindle Fire. It does exactly what Humatic claims, at the unbeatable price of $5.

Since this is not quite a plug-and-play environment, it can be tricky on Windows, they offer a partially crippled version to confirm that you can set it up, and that it works on your hardware. If you go to the TouchDAW Free listing, you can download it at no charge.

I've placed a detailed review of the full app on the Free TouchDAW page, since at first only the free version appeared on Amazon. Bottom line this app works, is a true bargain, and can be very helpful if you understand the requirements, capabilities and limitations of the technologies involved.
on April 11, 2014
Glad to find an App that really does the job. Looking forward to any updates.
It saved me money big time as I was looking into buying a Control Service for Sonar...
This did the trickkkkk!
on December 9, 2014
I tried the demo, it gave me what i want but not all the tracks were active. So i went for the Pro and all works fine. Nice app
on August 2, 2014
Nice little program. Not a big fan of the GUI but it lets me control Pro Tools using my tablet from anywhere in my house!
on September 20, 2013
Easy setup. Handy as Swiss army knife. Hard to believe the controls the DAW so simply but effectively. Use Ableton Live
on December 23, 2012
I've used the free version for a while. If all you require is basic transport control for your DAW, that will get the job done. Getting the communication set up between TouchDaw and your DAW is the biggest hurdle involved. The manual explains it well enough for someone with basic network setup experience but a noob will be lost. Don't forget to open the required ports on your router if using wifi. The manual neglects to mention this important step.
on March 1, 2016
does not work.
on July 22, 2014
but other than my Internet sucking this program is awesome I recommend it highly to anyone produceing music i find it very useful and you cant beat the price