Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 20, 2012 1:34:01 PM PDT
M. Sclafani says:
This woman is a complete hypocrite. She wrote an article for the NYT entitled "Can a Mom Get a Break?" lamenting society's treatment of women who both gain weight during pregnancy and sometimes are unable to lose it. But now she's writing a book about how to "lose weight" and "dress chic"? Which side are you on Janice? Do you want people to leave new moms alone or do you want to pressure them into conforming to society's unrealistic expectations? You can't complain and then perpetuate the very cycle you are criticizing.
Here's the article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/fashion/in-celebrity-climate-from-bump-to-paunch-pudgy-moms-cant-get-a-break.html?_r=2&pagewanted=2&src=twr&pagewanted=all

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 3:54:38 PM PDT
Yup, she helped CREATE this obsession with post-baby celebrity bodies at her time at US Weekly. It's not something that was really around before her tenure at the magazine and now she has the nerve to whinge about how she is treated and then talk down to us in our "minivans?" Give me a break. I hope no one is dumb enough to buy this condescending drivel.

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 7:46:47 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 25, 2012 7:47:02 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 10:21:18 AM PDT
What mom can't relate to feeling a little lost after having a baby? I packed away my maternity clothes, found that my regular clothes didn't fit, hormones are wild, hair is falling out, and acne like a teenager...all while taking care of a newborn and getting no sleep whatsoever. Most of the time I felt/looked frumpy, exhausted, and defeated. So, can someone explain what is hypocritical about encouraging to new moms to eat healthy, exercise, put on some lip gloss and a cute outfit? If moms feel better about themselves & take time for themselves, they'll be happier moms. And when mom is happy, everyone is happy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Aug 20, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions