Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on September 5, 2012
Updated review:

The company demonstrated that it stands for its products and the customer service personally works with every customer to make us happier! Excellent job!!!

I got an updated version of the case, the company sent it to me for free (!), and I was very impressed with all improvements done to this case. All the holes are in place and very conveniently open access to the required parts of the tablet. At the same time, the MicroSDXC slot is safely covered and I like this approach, because it's much safer for the card and the slot this way. You will not only never lose the card, but the card slot will be the very last part of the tablet that can be damaged being always covered. We definitely never change the card every day and it's good to get this kind of protection. The remote window and the charger connector are open now and I feel, that the screen is very safe while I'm charging the tablet. The pen is easily removable and it's very convenient to use it.

Thank you guys for being so quick and responsive!

-------------------------------------------------

Original review:

Basically fine, the right size, perfect fit, good color for such a good content, etc.

What I don't like are just a few things:
1. Hard to remove S-Pen when device is in case. Needs some time to get used. it is possible, but there is a risk to damage the tablet. The pen holder outside... you can damage the pen much easier if you keep it there. So I always keep it inside the tablet.
2. Infrared port is fully covered and turns out to be useless while device is in case. I can cut a hole, but then I will need to polish it and then paint in black to make it look professional. It's not easy for the majority of people anyway.
3. Magnet lock. If you want to use the appropriate sensors inside this tablet, you can forget about them. Stupid idea! We simply lost the part of very useful sensors.
4. The charger hole is fully covered so I cannot connect the charger until I open the case. But if I put it on the table fully opened just to charge, there is a possibility to damage the screen. The case must protect the device when it's not in use. Not smart enough.

Other that than - looks good, easy to insert and remove when required. The size is perfect for Samsung Note 10.1. I always wanted to get a book-like case, not like in-out type selling by many companies. So it works just great for me. And you already know about the disadvantages. Too many problems for just one case.

3 or 4 stars... It depends. I'd rather give 3 than 4, but the price is good for this kind of quality, it little bit covers the design failures.
1313 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2012
I purchased my Galaxy Note 10.1 at Best Buy the day it came out. I didn't really want to spend the extra money there for a case, so I took to Amazon to find one. It took a day or two of browsing to find this one, and it was very close to what I wanted so I purchased it. Here are my thoughts on it...

The Good:
- Looks. It's sleek and business-like, so I feel very comfortable carrying it anywhere as far as not drawing unwanted attention.
- Durability. The build quality appears to be solid. There is no mechanical clasp, only a magnet to hold the cover shut.
- Protection. When closed, only the buttons are exposed, so the rest is covered well and protected well.

The Bad:
- No access to S-Pen. The case has an elastic sleeve for the S-Pen, which is convenient enough, but I'd prefer to keep it in the tablet. Corny as it may be, I like the sidebar that comes out automatically when you slide the pen out. Also, with the S-Pen not in the tablet, the 'sheath' is sure to catch some dust.
- The magnet. I noticed when writing on the tablet that when I got near the magnet, the sensors went a little off, meaning that the 'ink' didn't appear quite where the pen was. Not a huge deal, but enough to be irritating.
on August 23, 2012
I ordered this case to be a cheap case to get me by until I could figure out which expensive case to get for my new Galaxy tablet. It arrived today, 6 days early and I am very impressed with this case!

The tablet fits nice and secure with no sliding around. It is velcroed in place very nicely and all the openings line up perfectly! The case protects but doesn't add much bulk and the closing front flap closes flush and secure magnetically so it stays closed!

The case provides 2 angles and they both work great and seem to be right on angle wise as 1 is for typing and the other is for viewing videos or whatever.

Needless to say, this is the best $18 (including shipping) that I have spent in quite a long time and since I am on the 6th different tablet that I have owned I can say that I usually end up with 4-6 cases per tablet. If I had do buy another case for this tablet, it won't be because of function, quality, or looks!

I missed the fact that the IR hole is covered up so it will be impossible to use that function with this case on! Not a problem for me that I know of anyway.
on April 20, 2013
I purchased this item with great expectations. It arrived and I placed my new tablet into this perfectly fitting case. I was very happy. This was four days ago. Today I took the tablet out of the case, as I wanted to see and feel my new tablet. The back of my new, pearly white tablet was smudged with black! Apparently the black color from the case was staining the back of my pure white tablet, giving a very ugly worn look. It took some time, and multiple cleansers, to get the back of my tablet back to white. I was NOT happy. I had ordered the Samsung case for my unit, the slim fitting one. I will be using that, as my tablet will NOT be going back into this case to get stained all up again. If you were a previous purchaser, you may not have taken your tablet out, to look at the back of your white tablet, as I did. If you have a black tablet, it might not have shown up as much. This black gunk on white showed up, and was NOT acceptable.

UPDATE:
I decided to keep the case and try a work-around. I cut a piece of card stock paper to match the size of the tablet, with the cut-outs in the case. The case has a three-year warranty and I have already reported the issue, so I still can return it, if this work-around does not work, but it should work. I still don't know why the black color from the case bled into the back of my tablet, but I don't want it to happen again. The case itself is otherwise perfect for my tablet, which is why I am willing to try this work-around. The way that I cut the paper, you cannot see any part sticking out, so it is not an eye-sore.
on August 27, 2012
Since the Galaxy Note 10.1 is a niche product it was impossible to find anything in stores to fit it. I bought my Note 10.1 at Best Buy, and the products labeled for it were also labeled to fit the Tab 10.1. However, none of the products fit -- I told the customer service desk that the labels were erroneous, and they didn't seem to care and just accepted my returns. Customer Service at Best Buy is dropping.

Amazon had the most choices (as always) and they were quick to delivery. This item was exactly as ordered. It fit great, and feels solid. As a grad student at a city university, I carry my Note 10.1 everywhere, and don't use a bag (all my classes are text-book free this semester, except for one, which had my textbook in e-book format). I feel very secure and confident that this case protects and provides accessibility for my Note 10.1 as a note taker. In landscape and propped-up mode with this case, the mic for the Note 10.1 points towards the front of the room...perfect for lectures. I've been using it for a full week and it has been great.
on September 26, 2012
To be honest, I have been pretty happy with i-blason products...Until now. I ordered the MoKo leather case and this one for my Note 10.1, knowing I would decide on which worked best and return the other. The i-blason has the following main issues:

1. You will NOT be able to easily remove the S-Pen when in it's in the case. Period. The corners are designed to wrap around the edge and there is simply no exposed cut out for the pen - This is annoying at best and could even possibly rip the case or, worse yet, damage the pen as you force it out.

2. The charger will be covered when the case is closed - Meaning that each time you want to charge the tablet, you will need to open the cover (protecting the screen)- Kind of inconvenient and exposes screen to mishaps while sitting/charging.

3. The material used is stiff and feels plasticky - Like I said, I also ordered the MoKo case from Amazon and the "leather" is terrific and soft/supple. The MoKo (see my review on that) has all the right things going on and I highly recommend it over the i-blason.
on October 30, 2014
OK time for the review since they never contacted me about my concerns.
First off the case is not really that bad. The note fits in snugly and the material feels soft inside and sturdy outside. the hand strap is positioned well enough to accommodate holding the tablet with one hand.

Now about one hand holding. When you put your hand in strap and hold tablet up off your body the tablet drifts down on a slight angle enough that it makes you want to grip it tighter making it harder to hold for even a short amount of time.
The cover also flings toward you if your not grasping it firm enough. It needs either a couple of tabs on top and bottom or a strap to wrap around outer edge to hold it firmly in place.

I have uploaded a couple of picks so you can see what i am talking about when it comes to drifting on a angle. I still have not decided if i am going to return it or not. Still looking at other choices.
review image review image
on August 9, 2013
Covers and cradles the Note tablet just the way I expected. No chance of the unit coming loose. All ports and switches accessible except the microSD slot ... which is natural, as who removes the SD chip anyway. Magnetic latch (hidden) is a nice touch, keeping cover closed when carried. A true value.
on March 13, 2013
I just received my Note 10.1 Tablet a day ago and need a cheap cover that I could use till I could find a really strong protective case . Read some reviews about this on a couple of samsung user sites and figured I would look for it . I found it on amazon for 20 bucks and its perfect . All the cutouts fit perfectly and my tab slid right in snug as a bug no problem. for scratches and incedental wear and tear I would recommend this . But if your looking for a hardcore cover to really protect from dings and constant travel and wear and tear not quite sure if this is for you . Im still waiting for otterbox to make the defender case for the Note 10.1 and I will get it as soon as it comes out but in the meantime this is great . also dont forget to purchase a decent screen protector I use zagg invisible shield for all of my electronics . I dont get any interference when using the stylus .
on March 15, 2013
I bought two of these cases, one for me and one for my wife. The Note 10.1 fit snugly without any force beyond what was necessary for an easy slide in. The case is made of good quality materials and the stitching seems rugged enough. You can use the flip-over cover to buttress the tablet at an angle on a flat surface, thus freeing your hands. The case does not add too much weight to the Note and offers a good grip when you want to read lying on the sofa or in bed (the Note without a case gets slippery after a while, even for people without sweaty hands). When the case is closed, your Note will be pretty well protected even if it drops on the floor (it has already happened to me). This is a good, sturdy case. No reason for any criticism. I give it five stars without too much hesitation.